password blocked

how do i get past the password, my husband doesn't remember what he used when closing the program when loading and we cannot use the computer.. please help

What program are you referring to? Are you talking about the Windows
login screen? (It's the first interactive screen that should appear when
Windows starts.)

Shane Steinmetz :)