TB

After installing WinXP Pro my floppy drive does not
work. I tried the drive and cable in another PC (Win98)
and it works fine. I deleted the A drive in device
manager and rebooted. Win finds the drive but when I
insert a disk and try to open it in My Computer the drive
light comes on momentarily and it says "Please insert
disk in drive A". Any suggestions.

Is this with any floppy disk? If you only tried testing this with one
floppy disk, perhaps you used a bad floppy disk. Windows may not recognize
a damaged floppy disk at all.

Are you using a generic floppy disk drive? I don't think it's likely,
but.. well, perhaps yours requires drivers! I don't really recall a case
where drivers for floppy disk drives were necessary, but it is possible, I
suppose.

Shane Steinmetz :)

"TB" <jetlag03@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After installing WinXP Pro my floppy drive does not
> work. I tried the drive and cable in another PC (Win98)
> and it works fine. I deleted the A drive in device
> manager and rebooted. Win finds the drive but when I
> insert a disk and try to open it in My Computer the drive
> light comes on momentarily and it says "Please insert
> disk in drive A". Any suggestions.

Al

Don't know if this will help but worth a try

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q282470
Al