mark

When I start up my computer a box appears
called "Microsoft system information" which I can close
down, but can I disable this box from appearing in the
first place?

Yes.

Go to "start," click "run," type "msconfig" and press enter. This will
open up the configuration window for how the system starts.

Click the "startup" tab. You will see a list of programs. Look for
"msinfo32.exe." If you see it, uncheck the box next to it, and press "ok. "
You may need to restart your computer. Also make sure that any duplicate
entires of "msinfo32.exe" are unchecked.

If this does not work, click "start," click "programs," and look under
the folder, "startup." If you see "System Information" within this folder,
right-click it (on the start menu) and click "delete." Shortcuts to files
contained in this folder are opened at the start of the system.

Shane Steinmetz

"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start up my computer a box appears
> called "Microsoft system information" which I can close
> down, but can I disable this box from appearing in the
> first place?

mark

Thanks for your reply but "msinfo32.exe" does not appear
in the list, also "system information" does not appear
in "start up"!