AV8 mb SATA drive`

Can this motherboard boot from a single SATA hd? I haven't had any luck
getting the drive recognized to install to. If it can, what's the secret in
the BIOS to allow it to work?
bob
3 answers Last reply
More about sata drive

    what o/s?

    "bob" <somewhereintime@nothere.my.net> wrote in message
    > Can this motherboard boot from a single SATA hd? I haven't had any luck
    > getting the drive recognized to install to. If it can, what's the secret
    in
    > the BIOS to allow it to work?
    > bob

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    currently booting from Sata drive here.Select "bootable add in cards " as
    topmost option(use page up/page down keys to change) on the Advanced BIOS
    setup page, i think.Set Sata Raid on Integrated periphs page.I think that's
    about it
    Don't have manual handy ATM.
    --

    SteveH
    Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2400(9x267),1.55V CPU

    "bob" <somewhereintime@nothere.my.net> wrote in message
    > Can this motherboard boot from a single SATA hd? I haven't had any luck
    > getting the drive recognized to install to. If it can, what's the secret
    > in
    > the BIOS to allow it to work?
    > bob

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    BTW, have WD 160GB SATA with 10GB Win XP partition + 40GB IDE + 4.3GB IDE
    --
    Steve H

SATA Motherboards