Custom weapon skins in CSS?

How do you add custom weapon skins to CSS?

"Alan Fiddis" <AlanFiddis@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do you add custom weapon skins to CSS?

It would be easy to use custom skins as a cheat, imagine a transparent
shield, etc...

I don't think custom skins are allowed.

"Limnophile" <limnophileNOSP@Mcharter.net> wrote in message

> "Alan Fiddis" <AlanFiddis@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> How do you add custom weapon skins to CSS?
>>

> It would be easy to use custom skins as a cheat, imagine a transparent shield,
> etc...
>
> I don't think custom skins are allowed.

There is no shield in CS:S and you can alter weapon skins like you could in 1.6
because there are skin packs for download but I don't know how.

> There is no shield in CS:S and you can alter weapon skins like you could
> in 1.6 because there are skin packs for download but I don't know how.

Do they have readme files?

"Sven" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> There is no shield in CS:S and you can alter weapon skins like you could in
>> 1.6 because there are skin packs for download but I don't know how.
>
> Do they have readme files?

I don't know I haven't downloaded any because I like the standard models and
skins

"I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Limnophile" <limnophileNOSP@Mcharter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Alan Fiddis" <AlanFiddis@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> How do you add custom weapon skins to CSS?
>>>

>> It would be easy to use custom skins as a cheat, imagine a transparent
>> shield, etc...
>>
>> I don't think custom skins are allowed.
>
> There is no shield in CS:S and you can alter weapon skins like you could
> in 1.6 because there are skin packs for download but I don't know how.

Thanks for the correction, Toys.

Do you know if you can use custom player skins/models?
If you can, that's an easy cheat.... change all of them to bright yellow for
one team and bright purple for the other. Much easier to tell friends from
enemies , and much easier to spot snipers / campers.

.... just putting my devious mind to (mis)use.
Limnophile

> "I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>
>> There is no shield in CS:S and you can alter weapon skins like you could in
>> 1.6 because there are skin packs for download but I don't know how.
>
> Thanks for the correction, Toys.
>
> Do you know if you can use custom player skins/models?
> If you can, that's an easy cheat.... change all of them to bright yellow for
> one team and bright purple for the other. Much easier to tell friends from
> enemies , and much easier to spot snipers / campers.
>
> ... just putting my devious mind to (mis)use.

As far as I know you can use custom skins as you could in 1.6 but like 1.6 there
are safeguards in place within the engine to prevent the skins from being too
different. In 1.6 the error you used to get when connecting to a server while
using skins that it didn't like was "server is enforcing model consistency" or
something like that and you were immediately kicked.

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

> As far as I know you can use custom skins as you could in 1.6 but like 1.6
there
> are safeguards in place within the engine to prevent the skins from being
too
> different. In 1.6 the error you used to get when connecting to a server
while
> using skins that it didn't like was "server is enforcing model
consistency" or
> something like that and you were immediately kicked.

I wish they would include all the best 3rd party weapon skins in CS1.6 as
the originals look absolutely horrible compared to the custom ones.
The original weapon skins look particularly poor when lying on the ground.
Bloody awful in fact, compared to the custom ones.