IC7-G Sata Porblem

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2005 6:36:40 AM

Hi,

I may be being a little stupid here but I have been trying to add a
third sata drive onto an IC7-G running winxp sp2 with Raid1. The raid
drives are on ports 1&2 and the drive I want to add is on port 3. I
have enabled the sata controller and windows installed a new driver,
but I cannot see the disk. If I enable the raid rom under the option
to enable the sata controller, bios then see’s the drive, but I cannot
boot into windows.......I get a black screen after the prompts for the
two raid utilities........I have been messing with this for
hours.........any chance someone could tell me where I am going wrong?

Cheers

Simon

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=301978

More about : ic7 sata porblem

July 31, 2005 3:26:25 PM

hmmm... almost sounds like the second part of the problem is related to the
boot priority settings in the advanced bios settings screen. you changed
the available hardware by enabling the bios for the newer controller that
you have enabled and that likely changed the boot priority of the devices
listed. the system tries to boot, it then gets lost when it cannot find a
bootable device and hangs.

you should not have to enable that bios ROM though, as I have a raid on the
Intel controller and another drive on the SI controller without the ROM
enabled. you look under dick management in control panel, administrative
tools, computer management to see if the drive shows there as a physical
device? you remember that the device would have to be partitioned and
formatted before you'll see it in My Computer or Explorer and such, right?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

Due to a rat in da hood,
no longer running servers on Cox...

(even though someone turned me in,
what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)

"sf322" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I may be being a little stupid here but I have been trying to add a
> third sata drive onto an IC7-G running winxp sp2 with Raid1. The raid
> drives are on ports 1&2 and the drive I want to add is on port 3. I
> have enabled the sata controller and windows installed a new driver,
> but I cannot see the disk. If I enable the raid rom under the option
> to enable the sata controller, bios then see's the drive, but I cannot
> boot into windows.......I get a black screen after the prompts for the
> two raid utilities........I have been messing with this for
> hours.........any chance someone could tell me where I am going wrong?
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=301978
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2005 7:53:10 PM

TomG wrote:

| <snip> ... you look under dick management...

Why the heck would Simon need to look under *there* for a DISK problem?

Sheesh Tom ... When you stick your foot in your mouth, you really stick it
in there good!

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
Related resources
July 31, 2005 7:53:11 PM

ROTFLMAO! man... I got a real good laugh outta that one! you called it,
Jef!! back to my 'tini and jalapeno olives! quick!

--

"Bird Janitor" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> TomG wrote:
> |
> | <snip> ... you look under dick management...
>
> Why the heck would Simon need to look under *there* for a DISK problem?
>
> Sheesh Tom ... When you stick your foot in your mouth, you really stick
> it
> in there good!
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2005 7:55:06 PM

Just toying with 'ya. Your advice was spot on, as usual.

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
July 31, 2005 7:55:07 PM

I knew that! still, I laughed my ass off!

--

> Just toying with 'ya. Your advice was spot on, as usual.
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2005 3:13:17 AM

TomG wrote:

| ROTFLMAO! man... I got a real good laugh outta that one!
| you called it, Jef!! back to my 'tini and jalapeno olives! quick!

After I send my initial response, all sorts of inuendo flooded my head, such
as ..

"Your typo to look under dick management was a real boner!"

But that really would have put the response under the category of "dick
management" and I would have had no reason to pull your leg.

I'll have a few of what you're having...

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2005 7:23:04 AM

sf322 wrote:

| already looked under there........ :D ...... nothing doing........
| :roll:

You know Simon .. TomG has said many times that his dick management is
legendary.

It's been questioned just as many times that it's merely a legend .. one
that nobody has had the temerity to verify as fact or fiction.

My hat's off to you, sir, for finally laying this issue to rest once and for
all.

... And I hope you didn't go blind looking "under there!"

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
August 2, 2005 8:03:10 PM

LOL!

--

> TomG wrote:
> |
> | ROTFLMAO! man... I got a real good laugh outta that one!
> | you called it, Jef!! back to my 'tini and jalapeno olives! quick!
> |

> After I send my initial response, all sorts of inuendo flooded my head,
> such
> as ..
>
> "Your typo to look under dick management was a real boner!"
>
> But that really would have put the response under the category of "dick
> management" and I would have had no reason to pull your leg.
>
> I'll have a few of what you're having...
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

August 2, 2005 8:06:49 PM

ok, but you really didn't comment on the bios settings... I'm assuming that
by "looked under there" you were talking about disk management (aka "dick
management")?

bottom line, with a good cable, the cable plugged into the correct port, a
good drive, power to the drive and the bios settings correct, unless there
has been physical damage to the controller from some source, it should work
fine.

was all power removed (ie. not in standby) when you were making connections
to the SATA channel?

--

> "" wrote:
> > TomG wrote:
> > |
> > | <snip> ... you look under dick management...
> >
> > Why the heck would Simon need to look under *there* for a DISK
> > problem?
> >
> > Sheesh Tom ... When you stick your foot in your mouth, you
> > really stick it
> > in there good!
> >
> > Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> > Jef
>
> already looked under there........ :D ...... nothing doing........
> :roll:

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302328
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 12:36:28 AM

"" wrote:
> sf322 wrote:
> |
> | already looked under there........ :D ...... nothing
> doing........
> | :roll:
> |

> You know Simon .. TomG has said many times that his dick
> management is
> legendary.
>
> It's been questioned just as many times that it's merely a
> legend .. one
> that nobody has had the temerity to verify as fact or fiction.
>
> My hat's off to you, sir, for finally laying this issue to
> rest once and for
> all.
>
> ... And I hope you didn't go blind looking "under there!"
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

all I’m saying is...........it’s lucky I can touch type............
:lol:

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302465
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 12:40:29 AM

"" wrote:
> LOL!
>
> --
>
> Thomas Geery
> Network+ certified
>
> Due to a rat in da hood,
> no longer running servers on Cox...
>
> (even though someone turned me in,
> what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)
>

> "Bird Janitor" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote
> in message
> > TomG wrote:
> > |
> > | ROTFLMAO! man... I got a real good laugh outta that one!
> > | you called it, Jef!! back to my 'tini and jalapeno
> olives! quick!
> > |

> > After I send my initial response, all sorts of inuendo
> flooded my head,
> > such
> > as ..
> >
> > "Your typo to look under dick management was a real boner!"
> >
> > But that really would have put the response under the
> category of "dick
> > management" and I would have had no reason to pull your leg.
> >
> > I'll have a few of what you're having...
> >
> > Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> > Jef

Okay, I still cannot see this third H/D I have added........and I have
looked under dick........errr I mean disc management.......do I have a
faulty M/B?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302844
August 5, 2005 1:04:11 AM

did you try enabling the bios just as a test, and working with the boot
priority menu to still be able to boot?

--

> "" wrote:
> > LOL!
> >
> > --
> >
> > Thomas Geery
> > Network+ certified
> >
> > Due to a rat in da hood,
> > no longer running servers on Cox...
> >
> > (even though someone turned me in,
> > what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)
> >

> > "Bird Janitor" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote
> > in message

> > olives! quick!
> > > |

> > > After I send my initial response, all sorts of inuendo
> > flooded my head,
> > > such
> > > as ..
> > >
> > > "Your typo to look under dick management was a real boner!"
> > >
> > > But that really would have put the response under the
> > category of "dick
> > > management" and I would have had no reason to pull your leg.
> > >
> > > I'll have a few of what you're having...
> > >
> > > Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> > > Jef
> > >

> Okay, I still cannot see this third H/D I have added........and I have
> looked under dick........errr I mean disc management.......do I have a
> faulty M/B?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ABIT-IC7-Sata-Porblem-fto...
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302844
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 5:42:28 AM

TomG wrote:

| did you try enabling the bios just as a test, and working with the boot
| priority menu to still be able to boot?

I thought he was going to ask if it was a faulty dick.

You know sumpthin 'bout that???

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 5:43:39 AM

sf322 wrote:

| all I’m saying is...........it’s lucky I can touch type............
| :lol:

You won't be the first to learn braille as a result of looking at his faulty
dick management technique.

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
August 5, 2005 11:44:49 AM

um, nope. I dunno nuttin about no faulty dick.

--

> TomG wrote:
> |
> | did you try enabling the bios just as a test, and working with the boot
> | priority menu to still be able to boot?
> |

> I thought he was going to ask if it was a faulty dick.
>
> You know sumpthin 'bout that???
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 6:55:50 PM

TomG wrote:

| um, nope. I dunno nuttin about no faulty dick.

Speaking of 'nuttin' .. does that/those go with the faulty dick?

Or are you just reminiscing a foggy recollection of past conquests?

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef
August 6, 2005 12:27:20 PM

no, they go with the *workin* dick!

--

> TomG wrote:
> |
> | um, nope. I dunno nuttin about no faulty dick.
> |

> Speaking of 'nuttin' .. does that/those go with the faulty dick?
>
> Or are you just reminiscing a foggy recollection of past conquests?
>
> Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
> Jef

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard