question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 12, 2004 1:35:50 PM

Is CS still free for half life? I just decided to reinstall it and all I see
is the steam download and I downloaded steam but thier is no CS :(

More about : question

December 12, 2004 2:26:13 PM

Anthony <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is CS still free for half life? I just decided to reinstall it and all I
see
> is the steam download and I downloaded steam but thier is no CS :(

You can still play CS 1.6 free with Steam only. Although there are hacked
versions out there that require no Steam, or Won authentication, both for
the old CS1.5 and 1.6.
You've got to sign up for a Steam account with a valid CD key, from one of
your old HL cds.
Then you need to download the CS1.6 game via Steam, or just update it, if
you have installed a full Steam cache to start with, before you can play.
Click the 'Monitor' button in Steam to view the update progress.
December 12, 2004 2:27:19 PM

I did all that and still no CS day of defeat nothing :(  I downloaded the
full cache reinstalled half life and put the CD key in and its not showing
up :(  I wonder what I did wrong

"Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote in message

> Anthony <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Is CS still free for half life? I just decided to reinstall it and all I
> see
>> is the steam download and I downloaded steam but thier is no CS :(
>>

> You can still play CS 1.6 free with Steam only. Although there are hacked
> versions out there that require no Steam, or Won authentication, both for
> the old CS1.5 and 1.6.
> You've got to sign up for a Steam account with a valid CD key, from one of
> your old HL cds.
> Then you need to download the CS1.6 game via Steam, or just update it, if
> you have installed a full Steam cache to start with, before you can play.
> Click the 'Monitor' button in Steam to view the update progress.

December 12, 2004 8:33:51 PM

On 12/12/2004 9:27 AM Anthony brightened our day with:

>I did all that and still no CS day of defeat nothing :(  I downloaded the
>full cache reinstalled half life and put the CD key in and its not showing
>up :(  I wonder what I did wrong

You opened up Steam went to > Browse Games > and "Register a Product I
already own" and entered your old HL CD key and nothing happened?

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

LymanAlpha <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 12/12/2004 9:27 AM Anthony brightened our day with:
>
> >I did all that and still no CS day of defeat nothing :(  I downloaded the
> >full cache reinstalled half life and put the CD key in and its not
showing
> >up :(  I wonder what I did wrong
> >

> You opened up Steam went to > Browse Games > and "Register a Product I
> already own" and entered your old HL CD key and nothing happened?
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

That's what I hate about Steam ..its supposed to be simple but its so badly
thought out for new users.
December 12, 2004 8:33:53 PM

yup and it told me i am already registered so I had it e-mail the orginal
e-mail I registered and it came to me so I dunno :(  sigh I miss CS
December 12, 2004 8:33:54 PM

never mind I got it workin I put in my e-mail address instead of the user
name and everything popped up thanks everyone!!

!