dvd burner crashes windows xp

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just installed a dvd burner on my computer and whenever
i put in any type oc cd or dvd as soon as it starts to
read the disc it causes windows to stop working and
freeze. have to reboot to get everytime. I went into my
computer and it is see's the drive and it says that it is
working properly. I have the latest driver for the burner
installed. it worked fine one time then this started
happening. I'm running windows xp.

Victor, is the Power Supply adequate to do the job?