MS Fax service

April 15, 2004 9:11:10 PM

I have tried to install MS Fax service via
the 'add/remove XP components' but I am asked to insert
the Windows XP CD which I do not have as XP came pre-
installed. Can anyone suggest how else I can install the
Fax service component.

More about : fax service

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 1:28:21 AM

"Nigel Jeffery" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to install MS Fax service via
> the 'add/remove XP components' but I am asked to insert
> the Windows XP CD which I do not have as XP came pre-
> installed. Can anyone suggest how else I can install the
> Fax service component.

Sure. Slipstream SP1 into your Windows XP distribution, and
then do the Fax install. See:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/r...

Note: "ServicePack.exe" might be named "update.exe" in your SP1.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com
!