MS Fax service

I have tried to install MS Fax service via
the 'add/remove XP components' but I am asked to insert
the Windows XP CD which I do not have as XP came pre-
installed. Can anyone suggest how else I can install the
Fax service component.
1 answer Last reply
More about service

    "Nigel Jeffery" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have tried to install MS Fax service via
    > the 'add/remove XP components' but I am asked to insert
    > the Windows XP CD which I do not have as XP came pre-
    > installed. Can anyone suggest how else I can install the
    > Fax service component.

    Sure. Slipstream SP1 into your Windows XP distribution, and
    then do the Fax install. See:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prbd_std_vzku.asp

    Note: "ServicePack.exe" might be named "update.exe" in your SP1.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

Fax Components Windows XP