Wireless drops after enabeling WEP Security

Jim

On the 2 computers running Win 98SE the connection to the AP drops them
randomly every 18 to 36 hours.

I have a D-Link NIC in both computers one is a DWL-G659 and the other is a
DWL-G520. My AP id a D-Link DI-624. This did not happen prior to enabling
security features. I have WEP on an open key.

I have to reboot the AP to resolve the problem from a wired computer.

Hi Jim,

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on your AP? This often fixes problems
such as yours. Please go to the D Link website for the firmware upgrade.

Jeff

-- Baziuk
Microsoft Corporation

and confers no rights.