Does anybody know what "Autoplay is" (cd drive opens/close..

Okay I have a little problem...a couple of weeks ago my computer's cd drive began to open and close on its own nonstop for a couple of minutes all the while the computer pops up a window as if it is looking for the folder of "Autoplay". It usually freezes up my computer while it does this and the closing and opening is just driving me insane. It will stop for a bit then continue again. Does anybody know what is going on? I scanned for viruses and and only detected NE.EXE and NE.Dll, but nothing else. Help Pleaseeeee
2 answers Last reply
More about does autoplay drive opens close

    Wow, that's weird. If the opposite was happening where
    the drive would not eject I'd be your guy. Good luck
    with that.

    Selene,
    Have you done a Google search? I did, because you have me curious as what
    this could be. I just searched for NE.EXE and NE.Dll . It sounds like
    spyware or adware. Here is an excellent newsgroup just for that.

    alt.privacy.spyware
    Hope to see your post. Curious just what is going on.
    Donna J.

    "Selene" <rocio.s.pierre@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Okay I have a little problem...a couple of weeks ago my computer's cd
    drive began to open and close on its own nonstop for a couple of minutes all
    the while the computer pops up a window as if it is looking for the folder
    of "Autoplay". It usually freezes up my computer while it does this and the
    closing and opening is just driving me insane. It will stop for a bit then
    continue again. Does anybody know what is going on? I scanned for viruses
    and and only detected NE.EXE and NE.Dll, but nothing else. Help Pleaseeeee

Computers CD Drives Windows XP