Does anybody know what "Autoplay is" (cd drive opens/close..

Okay I have a little problem...a couple of weeks ago my computer's cd drive began to open and close on its own nonstop for a couple of minutes all the while the computer pops up a window as if it is looking for the folder of "Autoplay". It usually freezes up my computer while it does this and the closing and opening is just driving me insane. It will stop for a bit then continue again. Does anybody know what is going on? I scanned for viruses and and only detected NE.EXE and NE.Dll, but nothing else. Help Pleaseeeee

Wow, that's weird. If the opposite was happening where
the drive would not eject I'd be your guy. Good luck
with that.

DJ

Selene,
Have you done a Google search? I did, because you have me curious as what
this could be. I just searched for NE.EXE and NE.Dll . It sounds like
spyware or adware. Here is an excellent newsgroup just for that.

alt.privacy.spyware
Hope to see your post. Curious just what is going on.
Donna J.

"Selene" <rocio.s.pierre@cox.net> wrote in message
> Okay I have a little problem...a couple of weeks ago my computer's cd
drive began to open and close on its own nonstop for a couple of minutes all
the while the computer pops up a window as if it is looking for the folder
of "Autoplay". It usually freezes up my computer while it does this and the
closing and opening is just driving me insane. It will stop for a bit then
continue again. Does anybody know what is going on? I scanned for viruses
and and only detected NE.EXE and NE.Dll, but nothing else. Help Pleaseeeee

TRENDING THREADS