Interest in AX8 mobo

I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If so, what is
your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference is between the AX8,
the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can find no suppliers of the latter
two, do you know who might sell them ?

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Edward Diener No Spam ordered an
army of hamsters to type:

> I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If
> so, what is your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference
> is between the AX8, the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can
> find no suppliers of the latter two, do you know who might sell them ?

The 3rd Eye version comes with a little clock thing that can be used to
monitor motherboard data without the need for software onscreen.

The v2.0 is sopposedly the only K8T890 board around compatible with Dual-
core processors. But, I cant find any for sale either, I'd like to buy
one. :(

There is also a AX8-V around that doesnt have the third IDE channel and
some other bits and pieces.

Kokoro wrote:
> In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Edward Diener No Spam ordered an
> army of hamsters to type:
>

>>I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If
>>so, what is your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference
>>is between the AX8, the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can
>>find no suppliers of the latter two, do you know who might sell them ?
>>

> The 3rd Eye version comes with a little clock thing that can be used to
> monitor motherboard data without the need for software onscreen.
>
> The v2.0 is sopposedly the only K8T890 board around compatible with Dual-
> core processors. But, I cant find any for sale either, I'd like to buy
> one. :(

I queried Abit about v2.0 but received no answer from them. I guess they are
interested in showing it on their US web site, as if it actually exists, but not
in selling it at all. That's a new marketing ploy on me. Maybe it is just
vaporware and does not really exist at all, or maybe it has not been distributed
to anyone yet, at least in the US. I have never seen an English language review
of it so this suggests to me that it has been released in Taiwan but not in the
United States. I guess if one is rich and doing well one does not need to
release a product to foreign markets.

> There is also a AX8-V around that doesnt have the third IDE channel and
> some other bits and pieces.

Thanks for the information.

i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
scored aquamark.
regards ian.

maargaret wrote:
> i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
> stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
> cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
> scored aquamark.
> regards ian.

Thanks for the information. I have not seen an ax8 revision 2 released anywhere
in the US.

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:04:52 -0400, "maargaret"
<rf002b8244@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
>stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
>cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
>scored aquamark.
>regards ian.

Hi,

Where in the U.K. did you obtain the AX8 v2.0 from?

Thanks, Trevor.