Interest in AX8 mobo

I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If so, what is
your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference is between the AX8,
the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can find no suppliers of the latter
two, do you know who might sell them ?
5 answers Last reply
More about interest mobo

    In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Edward Diener No Spam ordered an
    army of hamsters to type:

    > I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If
    > so, what is your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference
    > is between the AX8, the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can
    > find no suppliers of the latter two, do you know who might sell them ?

    The 3rd Eye version comes with a little clock thing that can be used to
    monitor motherboard data without the need for software onscreen.

    The v2.0 is sopposedly the only K8T890 board around compatible with Dual-
    core processors. But, I cant find any for sale either, I'd like to buy
    one. :(

    There is also a AX8-V around that doesnt have the third IDE channel and
    some other bits and pieces.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Kokoro wrote:
    > In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Edward Diener No Spam ordered an
    > army of hamsters to type:
    >

    >>I am interested in purchasing the AX8 mobo. Does anyone have it ? If
    >>so, what is your experience with it ? Do you know what the difference
    >>is between the AX8, the AX8-3rd Eye, and the AX8 v2.0 ? Also I can
    >>find no suppliers of the latter two, do you know who might sell them ?
    >>

    > The 3rd Eye version comes with a little clock thing that can be used to
    > monitor motherboard data without the need for software onscreen.
    >
    > The v2.0 is sopposedly the only K8T890 board around compatible with Dual-
    > core processors. But, I cant find any for sale either, I'd like to buy
    > one. :(

    I queried Abit about v2.0 but received no answer from them. I guess they are
    interested in showing it on their US web site, as if it actually exists, but not
    in selling it at all. That's a new marketing ploy on me. Maybe it is just
    vaporware and does not really exist at all, or maybe it has not been distributed
    to anyone yet, at least in the US. I have never seen an English language review
    of it so this suggests to me that it has been released in Taiwan but not in the
    United States. I guess if one is rich and doing well one does not need to
    release a product to foreign markets.

    > There is also a AX8-V around that doesnt have the third IDE channel and
    > some other bits and pieces.

    Thanks for the information.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
    stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
    cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
    scored aquamark.
    regards ian.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    maargaret wrote:
    > i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
    > stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
    > cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
    > scored aquamark.
    > regards ian.

    Thanks for the information. I have not seen an ax8 revision 2 released anywhere
    in the US.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:04:52 -0400, "maargaret"
    <rf002b8244@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >i have a ax8 board.revision2 released in england this week.its a very
    >stable board.good for overclocking.running an 3200 venice core at 3800 air
    >cooled.with a 7800gtx gfx card.targan 480 psu.pretty fast system.15500
    >scored aquamark.
    >regards ian.

    Hi,

    Where in the U.K. did you obtain the AX8 v2.0 from?

    Thanks, Trevor.

Motherboards