IS7-E - dual channel question.

Hi

I've got the IS7-E with two 512 MB sticks of Corsair CMX512 PC4000
memory. Now I'm thinking of putting in two more 512 MB sticks of
Corsair memory - CMX512 PC4400. Will the mobo still run
dualchannel mode?
If anyone have some insight - please share.

Thanks in advance!
3 answers Last reply
More about dual channel question

    it most likely will but we have seen that performance with 4 sticks is not
    as crisp as performance with 2 sticks. not a rule but we have seen that
    before.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    Due to a rat in da hood,
    no longer running servers on Cox...

    (even though someone turned me in,
    what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)

    "Frunken" <no.sp@m.thx> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've got the IS7-E with two 512 MB sticks of Corsair CMX512 PC4000
    > memory. Now I'm thinking of putting in two more 512 MB sticks of
    > Corsair memory - CMX512 PC4400. Will the mobo still run
    > dualchannel mode?
    > If anyone have some insight - please share.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    TomG wrote:
    > it most likely will but we have seen that performance with 4 sticks is not
    > as crisp as performance with 2 sticks. not a rule but we have seen that
    > before.

    Thanks for your reply!
    I'm willing to take a performance hit just to reduce disk thrashing :-)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    the performance hit may only be the kind that shows in benchmarks and your
    decreased disk thrashing might just more than make up for the ever so slight
    (if at all) performance hit.

    I run an IC7-G with two sticks of 512 each and there are a few times when I
    am working with large files that I can see that I am getting low on ram but,
    for the most part, it does fine. not bad enough to make me consider another
    gig anyway...

    --

    > TomG wrote:
    >> it most likely will but we have seen that performance with 4 sticks is
    >> not as crisp as performance with 2 sticks. not a rule but we have seen
    >> that before.
    >>

    > Thanks for your reply!
    > I'm willing to take a performance hit just to reduce disk thrashing :-)

Dual Channel Corsair Memory Motherboards