IS7-E - dual channel question.

Last response: in Motherboards
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2005 8:35:13 PM

Hi

I've got the IS7-E with two 512 MB sticks of Corsair CMX512 PC4000
memory. Now I'm thinking of putting in two more 512 MB sticks of
Corsair memory - CMX512 PC4400. Will the mobo still run
dualchannel mode?
If anyone have some insight - please share.

Thanks in advance!
August 13, 2005 12:26:00 AM

it most likely will but we have seen that performance with 4 sticks is not
as crisp as performance with 2 sticks. not a rule but we have seen that
before.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

Due to a rat in da hood,
no longer running servers on Cox...

(even though someone turned me in,
what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)

"Frunken" <no.sp@m.thx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've got the IS7-E with two 512 MB sticks of Corsair CMX512 PC4000
> memory. Now I'm thinking of putting in two more 512 MB sticks of
> Corsair memory - CMX512 PC4400. Will the mobo still run
> dualchannel mode?
> If anyone have some insight - please share.
>
> Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2005 5:22:51 AM

TomG wrote:
> it most likely will but we have seen that performance with 4 sticks is not
> as crisp as performance with 2 sticks. not a rule but we have seen that
> before.

Thanks for your reply!
I'm willing to take a performance hit just to reduce disk thrashing :-)
August 13, 2005 4:35:59 PM

the performance hit may only be the kind that shows in benchmarks and your
decreased disk thrashing might just more than make up for the ever so slight
(if at all) performance hit.

I run an IC7-G with two sticks of 512 each and there are a few times when I
am working with large files that I can see that I am getting low on ram but,
for the most part, it does fine. not bad enough to make me consider another
gig anyway...

--

!