DVD Drive wont recognise anything

My DVD drive wont recognise any of my disk any more , why
is this it worked fine before now it just says pleese
instert a disk into the drive,its not the disk because i
have tried it on my friends computer and it works so why
wont my pc recognise it.
4 answers Last reply
More about drive wont recognise anything

    Buy a CD cleaning kit from your local PC store.
    www.coribright.com

    "John" <JohnDavis1989@aol.com> wrote in message
    > My DVD drive wont recognise any of my disk any more , why
    > is this it worked fine before now it just says pleese
    > instert a disk into the drive,its not the disk because i
    > have tried it on my friends computer and it works so why
    > wont my pc recognise it.

    Recently I had a problem with my cd-rom not reading disks
    in Windows. After much troubleshooting and swearing the
    drive righted itself just yesterday. My best advice is
    give it a week.

    I bought a Dell PC in 2000. Over the last 4-6 weeks, I have been
    unable to get either CD's or DVD's to work. I don't have Windows XP; I
    have Windows 98. When I insert a CD or DVD into the slot intended for
    that purpose, I hear faint noises for a few seconds, as if it's about
    to start playing, and then it stops, and absolutely nothing happens.
    Whatever the problem is, I don't think it is limited to Windows XP.
    Can anyone help?

    Its not the disk's i have tried lots of disk's its the
    drive
    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"John" <JohnDavis1989@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> My DVD drive wont recognise any of my disk any more ,
    why
    >> is this it worked fine before now it just says pleese
    >> instert a disk into the drive,its not the disk because
    >> have tried it on my friends computer and it works so
    why
    >> wont my pc recognise it.
    >

    >.

Hardware Microsoft DVD Drives Windows XP