  • Microsoft
  • DVD Drives
  • Windows XP
April 16, 2004 10:07:35 AM

My DVD drive wont recognise any of my disk any more , why
is this it worked fine before now it just says pleese
instert a disk into the drive,its not the disk because i
have tried it on my friends computer and it works so why
wont my pc recognise it.

More about : dvd drive wont recognise

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 2:39:22 AM

Buy a CD cleaning kit from your local PC store.
www.coribright.com

"John" <JohnDavis1989@aol.com> wrote in message
> My DVD drive wont recognise any of my disk any more , why
> is this it worked fine before now it just says pleese
> instert a disk into the drive,its not the disk because i
> have tried it on my friends computer and it works so why
> wont my pc recognise it.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 3:55:17 AM

Recently I had a problem with my cd-rom not reading disks
in Windows. After much troubleshooting and swearing the
drive righted itself just yesterday. My best advice is
give it a week.

April 17, 2004 7:34:39 AM

I bought a Dell PC in 2000. Over the last 4-6 weeks, I have been
unable to get either CD's or DVD's to work. I don't have Windows XP; I
have Windows 98. When I insert a CD or DVD into the slot intended for
that purpose, I hear faint noises for a few seconds, as if it's about
to start playing, and then it stops, and absolutely nothing happens.
Whatever the problem is, I don't think it is limited to Windows XP.
Can anyone help?
April 17, 2004 7:46:02 AM

Its not the disk's i have tried lots of disk's its the
drive
Hardware)

!