BE6 - original help needed.

walter

Is there a BIOS out for the BE6 (original with the HPT controllers built
in) that will enable me to disable the HPT controllers. I don't think
that ABIT has one, but I'm wondering is there is one out there
somewhere?

I guess if there is none, then the only thing to do if I'm not using
them is to disable them in Device Manager. I guess I'm just trying to
avoid the blue boot up screen.
Walter

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

there was a bios floating around out there and I believe I have it on my
(currently) disabled FTP server. If you want to contact me via email, I'll
be happy to send it to you.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

Due to a rat in da hood,
no longer running servers on Cox...

(even though someone turned me in,
what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)

"Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
> Is there a BIOS out for the BE6 (original with the HPT controllers built
> in) that will enable me to disable the HPT controllers. I don't think
> that ABIT has one, but I'm wondering is there is one out there somewhere?
>
> I guess if there is none, then the only thing to do if I'm not using them
> is to disable them in Device Manager. I guess I'm just trying to avoid
> the blue boot up screen.
> Walter

walter

In 3cPLe.3293$A33.2457@lakeread06,
TomG <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> typed:
> there was a bios floating around out there and I believe I have it on
> my (currently) disabled FTP server. If you want to contact me via
> email, I'll be happy to send it to you.
>

> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
>> Is there a BIOS out for the BE6 (original with the HPT controllers
>> built in) that will enable me to disable the HPT controllers. I
>> don't think that ABIT has one, but I'm wondering is there is one out
>> there somewhere? I guess if there is none, then the only thing to do
>> if I'm not using
>> them is to disable them in Device Manager. I guess I'm just trying
>> to avoid the blue boot up screen.
>> Walter

Done; thanks

Walter