Data Switches w/XP Professional

I am trying to use a data switch betwwen a 2000 and XP tower. The switch and cables have been verified as good. The switch to the XP tower will not recognize the keyboard and mouse, no matter if I swap the cables between the "A" and "B" setting. Anybody have any ideas or know of any specailized settings in XP?

"zo543lc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use a data switch betwwen a 2000 and XP tower. The switch
and cables have been verified as good. The switch to the XP tower will not
recognize the keyboard and mouse, no matter if I swap the cables between the
"A" and "B" setting. Anybody have any ideas or know of any specailized
settings in XP?

Do you mean a KVM switch?
What brand of switch?
Are you using PS2 or USB keyboard and mouse.

Jim M