AT7 support for 48 bit LBA

I have an AT7 and have bought a hard drive greater than 137 GB. The hard drive
is off of my HPT 374 Raid controller although I am not using any Raid arrays. I
am trying to find out if my mobo supports 48 bit LBA. Does 48 bit LBA depend on
my mobo and BIOS or does it depend on my HPT 374 Raid controller ? Is there a
setting in my BIOS or Raid controller BIOS for this ?

Abit has a page about 48 bit LBA support, at
http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/mb/check137gb.php, but the AT7 is not listed on it
although the date of the page is about the same time I bought my AT7.

In article <EwpMe.8409$ns.2311@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Edward Diener No Spam says...
> I have an AT7 and have bought a hard drive greater than 137 GB. The hard drive
> is off of my HPT 374 Raid controller although I am not using any Raid arrays. I
> am trying to find out if my mobo supports 48 bit LBA. Does 48 bit LBA depend on
> my mobo and BIOS or does it depend on my HPT 374 Raid controller ? Is there a
> setting in my BIOS or Raid controller BIOS for this ?

It depends on the controller it is plugged into.

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.

Conor wrote:
> In article <EwpMe.8409$ns.2311@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Edward Diener No Spam says...
>
>>I have an AT7 and have bought a hard drive greater than 137 GB. The hard drive
>>is off of my HPT 374 Raid controller although I am not using any Raid arrays. I
>>am trying to find out if my mobo supports 48 bit LBA. Does 48 bit LBA depend on
>>my mobo and BIOS or does it depend on my HPT 374 Raid controller ? Is there a
>>setting in my BIOS or Raid controller BIOS for this ?
>>

> It depends on the controller it is plugged into.

The Raid controller is the HPT 374. I have queried Highpoint on whether the HPT
374 supports 48 bit LBA or not, and hopefully I will get an answer from them.