Zip Drives Error

Okay guys I need some help here, I have about 25 dell 8200 Xp pro systems on a domain, Wen the End user place a zip disk in the Zip drive it comes back and says it does not see it "place a Disk in Drive" or it will ask them if thye want to format it, they dont want to format it becuase it has data that they want to see and access. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, reloaded new iomega drivers and it works for a bit but then reverts back to those erroe again.

Please help

KS
2 answers Last reply
More about drives error

    I have had no problem with ATAPI or USB ZIP250 drives on XP home or XP pro,
    since the full installation of XP has adequate drivers for those, and for
    ZIP100s, too. However, a ZIP750 drive might be a different matter. Also, a
    parallel port ZIP might be more difficult to get working under XP. ZIPs
    seems to work automatically on Gateways, IBMs, and one my home built
    computer (ASUS motherboard). Try posing this question to Dell or to IOMEGA.
    Some hardware combinations do not work, need BIOS fixs, tweaks, or other
    special care.

    "KSosa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Okay guys I need some help here, I have about 25 dell 8200 Xp pro systems
    on a domain, Wen the End user place a zip disk in the Zip drive it comes
    back and says it does not see it "place a Disk in Drive" or it will ask them
    if thye want to format it, they dont want to format it becuase it has data
    that they want to see and access. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling,
    reloaded new iomega drivers and it works for a bit but then reverts back to
    those erroe again.

    > Please help
    >
    > KS

    This may work.
    Turn off computer.
    Unplug zip drive from the wall outlest.
    Wait a few minuters.
    Plug the zip drive back in.

    Brian

    >On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:46:08 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?S1Nvc2E=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Okay guys I need some help here, I have about 25 dell 8200 Xp pro systems on a domain, Wen the End user place a zip disk in the Zip drive it comes back and says it does not see it "place a Disk in Drive" or it will ask them if thye want to format it, they dont want to format it becuase it has data that they want to see and access. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, reloaded new iomega drivers and it works for a bit but then reverts back to those erroe again.
    >
    >Please help
    >
    >KS

Windows XP