Zip Drives Error

April 16, 2004 12:46:08 PM

Okay guys I need some help here, I have about 25 dell 8200 Xp pro systems on a domain, Wen the End user place a zip disk in the Zip drive it comes back and says it does not see it "place a Disk in Drive" or it will ask them if thye want to format it, they dont want to format it becuase it has data that they want to see and access. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, reloaded new iomega drivers and it works for a bit but then reverts back to those erroe again.

Please help

KS

More about : zip drives error

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 8:30:38 PM

I have had no problem with ATAPI or USB ZIP250 drives on XP home or XP pro,
since the full installation of XP has adequate drivers for those, and for
ZIP100s, too. However, a ZIP750 drive might be a different matter. Also, a
parallel port ZIP might be more difficult to get working under XP. ZIPs
seems to work automatically on Gateways, IBMs, and one my home built
computer (ASUS motherboard). Try posing this question to Dell or to IOMEGA.
Some hardware combinations do not work, need BIOS fixs, tweaks, or other
special care.

"KSosa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 9A5270C-0EB7-468B-9B55-4CCE61FB5A49@microsoft.com...
> Okay guys I need some help here, I have about 25 dell 8200 Xp pro systems
on a domain, Wen the End user place a zip disk in the Zip drive it comes
back and says it does not see it "place a Disk in Drive" or it will ask them
if thye want to format it, they dont want to format it becuase it has data
that they want to see and access. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling,
reloaded new iomega drivers and it works for a bit but then reverts back to
those erroe again.

> Please help
>
> KS
Anonymous