Amd x2 3800 but what abit board to go with it ??

Amd x2 3800 but what abit board to go with it ??

I was thinking of doing some SLIing AND plonk 2 6600 Gts in a mobo.
But not sure if two 6600gts are work the trouble. And is SLi worth it.

Anyway i dont think i can justify the cost anyway. One Vidcard i think
will do me.

But i want all the other stuff USB 2.0 Onboard lan, Firewire ect. Sata
2 would be great with NCQ. As i want to add a SATA 2 drive to the new
system to make everything new. Might make it alittle bIT FASTER.

Thanks for the help.

/ps I DO intend to overclock. I think you can push the 3800 to 2.5 ghz
and even higher with the right cooling.

Thanks.

It sounds like what you're trying to do is pretty standard usage (the
marketing guys think that 10 USB ports vs. 8 are important and so on).
I had my heart set on an Asus AN8-SLI Deluxe/Premium, but am now
looking at the A8N-SLI Fatal1ty board from Abit.

While the extra bells and whistles (extra 4 SATA ports for a total of
8, second LAN port, and so on) is nice for some folks, it just
introduces more driver issues. The board I mention gives you all of
what you're looking for, such as NCQ/SATA-2, IEEE1394, USB2. From all
reports the goal of that board has been to eliminate unnecessary items
to boost stability, so I'm all for that.

As for overclocking, I will defer to those who are more knowledgeable
than me....

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:39:58 +1000, No One Realy <1@2.com.au> wrote:

>Amd x2 3800 but what abit board to go with it ??
>
>I was thinking of doing some SLIing AND plonk 2 6600 Gts in a mobo.
>But not sure if two 6600gts are work the trouble. And is SLi worth it.
>
>Anyway i dont think i can justify the cost anyway. One Vidcard i think
>will do me.
>
>But i want all the other stuff USB 2.0 Onboard lan, Firewire ect. Sata
>2 would be great with NCQ. As i want to add a SATA 2 drive to the new
>system to make everything new. Might make it alittle bIT FASTER.
>
>Thanks for the help.
>

>/ps I DO intend to overclock. I think you can push the 3800 to 2.5 ghz
>and even higher with the right cooling.
>
>Thanks.

Its going to me my main PC. My old abit NF7-s with a barton mobile at
2.4ghz will go into my media pc. Whole mobo into new pc. And just
change to a 250gig hd and rinstall the system. TA DA :)

Thanks.

No One Realy wrote:

" I was thinking of doing some SLIing AND plonk 2 6600 Gts in a mobo.
But not sure if two 6600gts are work the trouble. And is SLi worth it.
Anyway i dont think i can justify the cost anyway. One Vidcard i think
will do me. "

2x 6600GT will cost between $300 and $400. A 6800GT will cost about the
same, give you the same performance as 2x 6600GT in SLI, and run a lot
better than a single 6600GT in games that don't support SLI.

If you are feeling a little richer, but can't afford a top-of-the-line
7800GTX, you can get a 7800GT for between $400 and $450.

" But i want all the other stuff USB 2.0 Onboard lan, Firewire ect.
Sata2 would be great with NCQ. As i want to add a SATA 2 drive to the
new system to make everything new. Might make it alittle bIT FASTER. "

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_type.php?fMTYPE=Socket+939

There are currently five socket 939 Abit motherboards with onboard
SATA-II. All of them have PCI-Express x16, USB2 and GbE LAN. The single
PCI-Express x16 boards are

AN8 Ultra
AN8 SLI
KN8 Ultra
Fatal1ty AN8
Fatal1ty AN8 SLI

The KN8 Ultra doesn't have a firewire port or headers, which probably
throws that one out the window.