Nf7s v2.0 and Mobile Athlon: more stable at lower Vcore?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2005 3:37:20 AM

In overclocking my Mobile Athlon my former tactic was to start from the
highest Vcore and work my way down. I've just noticed that above 1.9V Vcore
my Mobile Athlon is very unstable and that at 1.875V it seems most stable. I
even got the system to boot and run memtest at 230*11.5 = 2645, which I
could never get at higher voltages.

I also want to mention my Patriot Extreme Performance Low latency memory
which enabled me to get to 230Mhz FSB/memory synched. My Kingston Hyperx
could never get anywhere close to 230Mhz. Patriot gets a thumbs up from me.

--
there is no .sig
Anonymous

Here is a WAG...

The cpu logic voltages must be translated to larger voltages outside
the cpu (amplification). Increasing the vcore voltages (beyond design
limits) may interfere with the voltage translation process. The
performance of the process is/can be influenced by noise. Noise
increases as you increase vcore.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2005 6:09:05 PM

You'll need to do better.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:47:44 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>... Ever worked with MOSFET transistors Forrest? Obviously not.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2005 11:01:14 AM

Your apporach to selecting the voltages is actually backwards. Your
components will survive better if you run them at the lowest heat
disapation conditions you can. That means never use any more voltage
than you need for stability. Additionally your mobile XP's were
designed to run at the lower voltages.

Hence I suggest changing your approach and start with much lower
voltages. My XP mobiles will OC at 40% to 55% at voltages around
1.575 to 1.65 Vcore.

In your other post you asked about Super PI as a test for your OC.
Itr is a quick way to see what the max you'll get. And it cang ive
you some bragging rights. Hoiwever, other than giving a quick test it
is not worth much. You can push some pretty high OC's thru the Super
PI test that will never be really stable for you. 4-24 hours on
Prime95 torture test will give a better measure of stability.

Hope this helps some.
Acc7

!