AV8 3rd Eye

Hi,

Just want to know is there a way to select boot hard disks during startup
instead of go into the BIOS to change it each time.

My old ASUS M/B allow me to press ESC during bootup and will show up a menu
to allow me to select.

Please advise
Thanks

Run a boot manager. Sounds like that's what you were doing with your old
Asus board.

Regards,

Margaret

"Superman" <superman@super.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just want to know is there a way to select boot hard disks during startup
> instead of go into the BIOS to change it each time.
>
> My old ASUS M/B allow me to press ESC during bootup and will show up a
> menu to allow me to select.
>
> Please advise
> Thanks

That's not the case actually is supported by the BIOS like most of the
Toshiba notebook you can press F12 (I think) you can select boot devices
(hard disk, floppy, CDROM, etc.)

"Margaret Wilson" <twokatmew@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message
> Run a boot manager. Sounds like that's what you were doing with your old
> Asus board.
>
> Regards,
>
> Margaret
>
> "Superman" <superman@super.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just want to know is there a way to select boot hard disks during startup
>> instead of go into the BIOS to change it each time.
>>
>> My old ASUS M/B allow me to press ESC during bootup and will show up a
>> menu to allow me to select.
>>
>> Please advise
>> Thanks

Hmm, I guess you learn something new every day. :)

Superman schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Just want to know is there a way to select boot hard disks during startup
> instead of go into the BIOS to change it each time.
>
> My old ASUS M/B allow me to press ESC during bootup and will show up a menu
> to allow me to select.
>
> Please advise
> Thanks

I am missing that feature, too.
AMI use that feature in their BIOSes, but AWARD lacks it as it seems.
Greetings from Germany!

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

"Rennie" <rennie@wantsnomail.com> wrote in message
> Superman schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just want to know is there a way to select boot hard disks during startup
>> instead of go into the BIOS to change it each time.
>>
>> My old ASUS M/B allow me to press ESC during bootup and will show up a
>> menu to allow me to select.
>>
>> Please advise
>> Thanks
> I am missing that feature, too.
> AMI use that feature in their BIOSes, but AWARD lacks it as it seems.
> Greetings from Germany!

doesn't work. Anyway thanks.

"Carl" <me@theworld.universe> wrote in message
> press Alt+F2 or Tab key to get to hard drive stuff (i think)

Do you suppose Asus has a patent on a their boot drive selector?

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

I don't think it has a patent because a lot of notebook, some brand name
machine also have this feature.

I think just depend on what brand name of BIOS they use.