blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough these
days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser' optical?
Discuss :D

"blah" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
> What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast
> enough these
> days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser'
> optical?
> Discuss :D

I've got a Logitech cordless mouseman optical and it's worked great
for me. But I've got that new Logitech wireless Laser mouse on my
Xmas list... It'll respond faster than any human and be more precise
than is required for a FPS game.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

In article <uMXwd.678782$mD.137529@attbi_s02>, blah@blah.com says...
> What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough these
> days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser' optical?
> Discuss :D

I use a Logitech mx510. High sampling rate, extra buttons if needed,
feels good in my hand, nothing special but works very well for me. Good
price too.

--

DeRanger

Tactical Gamer
www.tacticalgamer.com
Your source for tactical online gaming.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:15:34 GMT, someone who claims to be DeRanger
<deranger-x@shaw.ca> wrote:

In article <uMXwd.678782$mD.137529@attbi_s02>, blah@blah.com says...
What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough
these days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser'
optical?
Discuss :D

>I use a Logitech mx510. High sampling rate, extra buttons if needed,
>feels good in my hand, nothing special but works very well for me. Good
>price too.

Go for the Logitech MX510 !

Greetings/ Med venlig hilsen

sIQ | S3N80R - www.siq.dk

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

blah <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
> What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough these
> days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser' optical?
> Discuss :D

I've got a bog standard MS PS2 intellimouse.
It works fine and I can keep up with decent players using it.
The only drawback is you have to keep the rollers inside clean from
accumulated dust and fluff.
But generally its works just fine for ages before it needs cleaning.
Especially if you use a vinyl mouse mat that doesn't trap dirt.
I think its more what you're used to than the equipment. Any quality mouse
these days will do IMO.

"blah" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message news:uMXwd.678782$mD.137529@attbi_s02...
> What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough these
> days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser' optical?
> Discuss :D

I use a MS optical Explorer. It came with my Alienware PC and I have never had
any reason to think about changing it nor have I used any that were noticeably
better.

blah wrote:
> What's the best mouse for FPS games like CS? Optical are fast enough these
> days? Howsabout cordless and has anyone tried a new 'laser' optical?
> Discuss :D

The MX1000 laser from logitech is really quite good. It's a bit heavy
though so it's harder to overcome momentum. THe middle mouse weel button
press doesn't work too well, not that everyone uses that, but for the
price it should all work, I would say.

The Razer Diamonback is wired, light and very responsive. On the down
side many people can't press the right hand buttons becuase of its
design, and some have problems with the left hand side buttons.

I got this email response from razer:

One of the reasons why the 5 through 7 buttons are disabled in the default
drivers is because we realize that not every user can adapt to them. Some
users take weeks and months to adapt, while others can't ever adapt. About
half of our users don't use anything more than buttons 1 to 3.

In our testing it wasn't the size of the hands that mattered; it was
dexterity and enough time to adapt. Over 55% of our 200 beta testers
mastered the 6 and 7 buttons after 3 weeks; while only 18% mastered them
over the first 3 days.

OFA is currently bound to button 4. I will suggest to the driver development
team that we add buttons 5 to 7. We have several driver revs coming over the
next two months.

I don't think I solved your problems but at least you understand why we
developed the mouse this way.

Robert Krakoff
President
Razer USA Ltd.