HP cp1700...OMG the squeaking!!!

Karen

Hi All,

I have a (just over) one-year old HP color inkjet printer cp1700 that has
been squeaking for a couple of months. It started small but now is quite
loud. I print an average of about 1,000 pages per month and am slowly going
insane from the squeaking! I've tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol,
I've tried to lubricate the metal bar inside that the carriage slides back
and forth on with mineral oil...nothing has helped. I've printed a test
page with the top cover open and observed that the 'eeeeee.....ooooeeeeee'
noises coincide with the back and forth movement of the print-head carriage.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Karen 'please make it stop' in Keswick

webadmin at jobskills dot org

.....boy, I'd love an answer to this as well.
I'm hunting around the net right now, trying to get an answer.

.....boy, I'd love an answer to this as well.
I'm hunting around the net right now, trying to get an answer.

Okay.... per another suggestion I found elsewhere:

I cleaned the once-white ribbon thing that moves along with the
cartridge printhead. (It had since turned green, like other parts
inside, from the ink.) Anyway -- I cleaned it with a towlette and
sprayed it with sylicon lubricant, and the noise has reduced about 90%.

Now, I'm really hoping none of the chemicals involved in this process
will hurt the machine in the long run, but at least, in the short term,
I have some relief.