Printer Sharing

My home pc is running Windows ME and connected to an hp deskjet960c printer.
I am having trouble networking my notebook which is running with Windows XP
Home. Any ideas on what I can do to set it up?

Malke

simao316 wrote:

> My home pc is running Windows ME and connected to an hp deskjet960c
> printer. I am having trouble networking my notebook which is running
> with Windows XP Home. Any ideas on what I can do to set it up?

Do you have the network set up at all? What have you done already?
Things to do:

1. Make sure both computers are in the same Workgroup.
2. Make sure both computers have unique machine names.
3. Make sure you've enabled File and Printer Sharing.
4. Share out desired resources.
5. You can run the Networking Wizard on the XP box and follow its
directions.

Here are some links to help you with networking:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/
http://www.wown.info/
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by