NF7S V2.0 Soundstorm problem

When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get
it like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no
longer work. What am I doing wrong?
8 answers Last reply
More about nf7s soundstorm problem

    "Airman QPD" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    > speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get it
    > like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no longer
    > work. What am I doing wrong?

    Use the Windows speaker thingy (Advanced button) to check if it has the rear
    channels set to line-in or microphone.

    Dave
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Neither option is checked. Should they be?

    Dave wrote:
    > "Airman QPD" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    >>speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get it
    >>like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no longer
    >>work. What am I doing wrong?
    >

    > Use the Windows speaker thingy (Advanced button) to check if it has the rear
    > channels set to line-in or microphone.
    >
    > Dave

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Only if the speakers are plugged into those sockets.

    Dave

    "Airman Thunderbird" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Neither option is checked. Should they be?
    >
    > Dave wrote:
    >> "Airman QPD" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    >>>speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get it
    >>>like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no
    >>>longer work. What am I doing wrong?
    >>

    >> Use the Windows speaker thingy (Advanced button) to check if it has the
    >> rear channels set to line-in or microphone.
    >>
    >> Dave
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    In article <Z5qdndd7RYznrZfeRVn-qA@netdoor.com>, airman.basic@gmail.com
    says...
    > When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    > speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get
    > it like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no
    > longer work. What am I doing wrong?

    May well be a software problem. Vanilla Winamp doesn't use rear
    speakers, you need the Dee3 plugin. Nero Showtime and Cyberlink PowerDVD
    don't use them until you enable it (and buy a plugin for Dolby5.1).
    Freelancer uses them if you set it in options ...

    does that help? -Peter (who spent an awfully long time messing around
    with similar problems recently)

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:33:59 +1200, Peter Huebner
    <no.one@this.address> wrote:

    >In article <Z5qdndd7RYznrZfeRVn-qA@netdoor.com>, airman.basic@gmail.com
    >says...
    >> When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    >> speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get
    >> it like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no
    >> longer work. What am I doing wrong?

    Try the following :

    From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
    -put the black in blue, and;
    -put the green in green

    From the nForce2 Control Panel :
    -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
    icon brhs/advanced
    -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel

    >May well be a software problem. Vanilla Winamp doesn't use rear
    >speakers, you need the Dee3 plugin. Nero Showtime and Cyberlink PowerDVD
    >don't use them until you enable it (and buy a plugin for Dolby5.1).
    >Freelancer uses them if you set it in options ...

    >does that help? -Peter (who spent an awfully long time messing around
    >with similar problems recently)

    ¸ô¶ó
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    hi, i had similar problems with my soundstorm
    either try nforce 3.13 drivers or d/l them and extract the soundstorm
    utility and use that with current nforce drivers like 5.10
    <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:33:59 +1200, Peter Huebner
    > <no.one@this.address> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <Z5qdndd7RYznrZfeRVn-qA@netdoor.com>, airman.basic@gmail.com
    >>says...
    >>> When I use the Nvidia speaker wizard, I can hear sound fine through my 4
    >>> speakers, r-l front, r-l rear. But when I configure the wizard and get
    >>> it like I want it, then close the Nvidia utility, the rear speakers no
    >>> longer work. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Try the following :
    >
    > From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
    > -put the black in blue, and;
    > -put the green in green
    >
    > From the nForce2 Control Panel :
    > -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
    > icon brhs/advanced
    > -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
    >
    >>May well be a software problem. Vanilla Winamp doesn't use rear
    >>speakers, you need the Dee3 plugin. Nero Showtime and Cyberlink PowerDVD
    >>don't use them until you enable it (and buy a plugin for Dolby5.1).
    >>Freelancer uses them if you set it in options ...
    >
    >>does that help? -Peter (who spent an awfully long time messing around
    >>with similar problems recently)
    >
    > ¸ô¶ó
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    I just migrated KT7-RAID -> NF7S V2. Re-install of the OS (Win98SE).
    All updates available from m$ have been installed.

    Soundstorm problem: clicking on .wav files gets the desired response.
    ..mp3 and .wma files play micro-clips & skips, resulting in song
    completion in about 1.10 the expected time.

    Games sound files have the same horrible problem.

    What's the first thing to try? Tell me which M should I R and I'll
    RTFM.

    Seems nobody (nVidia/Abit) has updated drivers for Soundstorm under
    Win98SE...
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    In article <c4och19dmfbahd6i2vd6h2l00o0eq15po7@4ax.com>,
    brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet says...

    > Seems nobody (nVidia/Abit) has updated drivers for Soundstorm under
    > Win98SE...

    Somebody here recommended I use Realtek drivers, although I wouldn't
    know how to implement THAT.
    Had a quick look at NVidia's site, and I can't find Win9x drivers
    either. Ack. That stinks :-( The new Win2k/XP audio driver package they
    have there fixed the same issues you're having for me, except it still
    left the chanels all mixed up. It's a poor poor performance by their
    software/driver people IMO. I am more than half decided that my next
    mobo will NOT have an NVidia chipset (Nor an Intel one).

    -P.

Speakers Configuration Nvidia Motherboards