XP2600+ w/ KX7-333 settings

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

I thought I asked this question in this group at some point before, and
got answers, but I can't find the thread using Google groups. So, I need
to ask again:

What are the proper CPU speed and memory (PC2700) bios settings for an
Athlon XP2600+ (166 FSB) on an Abit KX7-333 motherboard? Any other
settings besides those I should know about, like CPU temp for warning and
shutdown?

Thanks very much for any help - again.

Sheepishly,

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Its been awhile. Seems like someone posted in (in previous thread)
that the kx7 didn't support a 166 FSB - as per abit and the
motherboard manual. The thing is, barring a memory problem, they seem
to all work at 166 MHz.

When the kx7 was produced by abit there wasn't an AMD official 166 FSB
Athlon on the planet earth. They only sold 133 MHz FSB Athlons.
Hence their was no way for Abit to test and claim that the kx7 worked
at 166 FSB. Later on, when a real 166 Athlon was available, it became
apparent that there was not a problem. In addition, ppl had been
overclocking 133 FSB Athlons to 166 FSB long before the official 166
FSB Athlon was available. Again, with no problems.

Is that the info you were looking for?

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:09:28 -0300, nobody wrote:

> I thought I asked this question in this group at some point before, and
> got answers, but I can't find the thread using Google groups. So, I need
> to ask again:
>
> What are the proper CPU speed and memory (PC2700) bios settings for an
> Athlon XP2600+ (166 FSB) on an Abit KX7-333 motherboard? Any other
> settings besides those I should know about, like CPU temp for warning and
> shutdown?

There's at least 3 models of the 2600+.
Tbred 2600+/266 @ 16x133
Tbred 2600+/333 @ 12.5x166
Barton 2600+/333 @ 11.5x166

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

In <pan.2005.08.23.18.59.02.953824@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, on 08/23/05
at 06:57 PM, Wes Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> said:

>> I thought I asked this question in this group at some point before, and
>> got answers, but I can't find the thread using Google groups. So, I need
>> to ask again:
>>
>> What are the proper CPU speed and memory (PC2700) bios settings for an
>> Athlon XP2600+ (166 FSB) on an Abit KX7-333 motherboard? Any other
>> settings besides those I should know about, like CPU temp for warning and
>> shutdown?
>>
>There's at least 3 models of the 2600+.
>Tbred 2600+/266 @ 16x133
>Tbred 2600+/333 @ 12.5x166
>Barton 2600+/333 @ 11.5x166

Sorry - forgot to post that detail. It's a Barton 2600+ 333 FSB. I just
got it from NewEgg, so it's still pictured on their site. I have it set
at 12.5x166, and it's working and running cool (around 36C - I do few
processor-intensive things.)

I've done nothing with memory settings beyond setting Fast and 5:2:1.