Sam

Hi,

I'm running a Dell Latitude C600 Laptop with a Teac CD-RW drive. When i boot into windows, it is not in My Computer. I go into Device Manager but it says:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

But I KNOW it can find the device because if i unplug the driv and plug it back in, it makes the "Bllue-Blue" noise. I also know that the drive works, because I booted into Knoppix Linux very breifly. Please help!

Sam

bar

Is the CD an internal or eternal Device attached by USB cable. The latter seems to be the case as indicated from your colourful descrtiption.

These things are always peculiar in their behavious and on Dells, just seems to be aprt of living with Dell.

Keep it unplugged when you boot up the system and then plug it inb once Windows is running: not the greatest fix, but it always seems to work when used in this way.