ATI 9800Pro Black screen

Hi
When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
coming back into CS
Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
CSX

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

this is a shot in the dark, but try changing your bios settings from 8x to
4x AGP.

steve

"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
> coming back into CS
> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
> CSX

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Steve <luckylucky200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> this is a shot in the dark, but try changing your bios settings from 8x to
> 4x AGP.
>
> steve
>

> "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
> > coming back into CS
> > Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
> > CSX

Maybe its because you've got a desktop resolution and or color depth that
does not match what you have in CS1.6?

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
> coming back into CS
> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
> CSX

CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours in 16
bit depths only.
It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in game.

Uzi wrote:
> CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I
>> try coming back into CS
>> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
>> CSX
>>

> CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours
> in 16 bit depths only.
> It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in
> game.

I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits itself every
time.

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Damien McBain wrote:
> Uzi wrote:
>> CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I
>>> try coming back into CS
>>> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
>>> CSX
>>>

>> CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours
>> in 16 bit depths only.
>> It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in
>> game.
>
> I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits
> itself every time.

Me too

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Damien McBain" <ask@me.for.it> wrote in message
> Damien McBain wrote:
>> I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits
>> itself every time.
>
> Me too

LOL!
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

> Hi
> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
> coming back into CS
> Any ideas....

Don't want to sound obvious. But have you tried not pressing alt+tab?

CSX wrote:

> Hi
> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black
> once I try coming back into CS
> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers

As the other guys reported, CS 1.6 uses the original half life engine. It
means that you must run the game with a resolution that *does not exceed*
your desktop resolution, and with the same color depth. This isn't a sure
way to do alt-tabbing safely, but you can try. By the way, there's a
command line option that forces the game to use 32bpp (it uses 16bpp by
default), but I forgot what that option is. Might be "-depth 32" or "-bpp
32", not sure.

Sorted....Set CS to full colour..same as Xp setup
CSX