ATI 9800Pro Black screen

Hi
When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
coming back into CS
Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
CSX
9 answers Last reply
More about 9800pro black screen

    this is a shot in the dark, but try changing your bios settings from 8x to
    4x AGP.

    steve

    Steve <luckylucky200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > this is a shot in the dark, but try changing your bios settings from 8x to
    > 4x AGP.
    >
    > steve
    >

    > "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
    > > coming back into CS
    > > Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
    > > CSX

    Maybe its because you've got a desktop resolution and or color depth that
    does not match what you have in CS1.6?

    CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
    > coming back into CS
    > Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
    > CSX

    CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours in 16
    bit depths only.
    It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in game.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Uzi wrote:
    > CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I
    >> try coming back into CS
    >> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
    >> CSX
    >>

    > CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours
    > in 16 bit depths only.
    > It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in
    > game.

    I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits itself every
    time.

    --
    damien clan .
    @ mcbain com

    there's no place like 127.0.0.1
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Damien McBain wrote:
    > Uzi wrote:
    >> CSX <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I
    >>> try coming back into CS
    >>> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
    >>> CSX
    >>>

    >> CS1.6 is based on the old Half Life game engine which handles colours
    >> in 16 bit depths only.
    >> It has issues with being switched back to a 32 bit colour desktop in
    >> game.
    >
    > I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits
    > itself every time.

    Me too

    --
    damien clan .
    @ mcbain com

    there's no place like 127.0.0.1
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Damien McBain" <ask@me.for.it> wrote in message
    > Damien McBain wrote:
    >> I have the same card and 1.6 works for Alt+Tabing buy CSS shits
    >> itself every time.
    >
    > Me too

    LOL!
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality

    > Hi
    > When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black once I try
    > coming back into CS
    > Any ideas....

    Don't want to sound obvious. But have you tried not pressing alt+tab?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    CSX wrote:

    > Hi
    > When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black
    > once I try coming back into CS
    > Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers

    As the other guys reported, CS 1.6 uses the original half life engine. It
    means that you must run the game with a resolution that *does not exceed*
    your desktop resolution, and with the same color depth. This isn't a sure
    way to do alt-tabbing safely, but you can try. By the way, there's a
    command line option that forces the game to use 32bpp (it uses 16bpp by
    default), but I forgot what that option is. Might be "-depth 32" or "-bpp
    32", not sure.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Sorted....Set CS to full colour..same as Xp setup
    CSX

    "Nikos Chantziaras" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > CSX wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi
    >> When i try and ALT/TAB my CS game into XP the screen is black
    >> once I try coming back into CS
    >> Any ideas....lready tried a load of different drivers
    >
    > As the other guys reported, CS 1.6 uses the original half life engine. It
    > means that you must run the game with a resolution that *does not exceed*
    > your desktop resolution, and with the same color depth. This isn't a sure
    > way to do alt-tabbing safely, but you can try. By the way, there's a
    > command line option that forces the game to use 32bpp (it uses 16bpp by
    > default), but I forgot what that option is. Might be "-depth 32" or "-bpp
    > 32", not sure.

ATI Games Windows XP Video Games