  • Hard Drives
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 17, 2004 5:31:03 AM

I added new hard drive in my system.
It seems to be working correctly, BIOS detects it, but....
How do I format it and take it in to use?

More about : hard disk problem

April 17, 2004 6:06:01 AM

right click on "My computer"
click "Manage"
click "+" next to "Storage" to expand
click on "disk management"

in the bottom right pane, your HD should be shown
right click in the white, click "format"
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 8:51:11 AM

Hi,

Right click your My Computer, and then choose Manage.
Then click on Disk Management
You'll then see all your drives
Right click the one you want to format and follow the steps in the wizard.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User