Dear all

Can some body help recenly reinstalled windows xp and
keep geting blue screen and when i send the crash report
of it reports hardware drive problem so i have updated
all my drives and since then i can not access my cd-rom
drive it does not appear in My Computer just in hardware
Profile with the yellow exlpination mark with Code 39.

have tried uninstalling it but does not work can anybody
help

Try uninstalling the drive and unplugging it, reboot twice, turn off the computer, replug the drive and see if it re-installs correctly

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -