Hey all i really need some help.

Today i went out and bought half life 2 with counter strile source. love
the game its awesome. but one problem. I HAVE NO SOUND :'( ... im running it
on a
-AMD Athlon XP 1700
-782 megs of DDR ram
-radeon 8500LE 128 meg
I cant get my sound to work guys/gals any help would be really appreciated.

P.S
the game runs fine on my system just no sound

thanks
Shawn
4 answers Last reply
More about help

    Shawn Allen wrote:
    > Today i went out and bought half life 2 with counter strile source. love
    > the game its awesome. but one problem. I HAVE NO SOUND :'( ... im running it
    > on a
    > -AMD Athlon XP 1700
    > -782 megs of DDR ram
    > -radeon 8500LE 128 meg
    > I cant get my sound to work guys/gals any help would be really appreciated.
    >
    > P.S
    > the game runs fine on my system just no sound

    With all those specs you posted, you forgot to mention which sound card
    you are using?

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

    >> Today i went out and bought half life 2 with counter strile source.
    >> love
    >> the game its awesome. but one problem. I HAVE NO SOUND :'( ... im running
    >> it
    >> on a
    >> -AMD Athlon XP 1700
    >> -782 megs of DDR ram
    >> -radeon 8500LE 128 meg
    >> I cant get my sound to work guys/gals any help would be really
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> P.S
    >> the game runs fine on my system just no sound
    >
    > With all those specs you posted, you forgot to mention which sound card
    > you are using?

    Perhaps he doesn't have one, hence the problem.

    "Shawn Allen" <shawnallen@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Today i went out and bought half life 2 with counter strile source.
    love
    > the game its awesome. but one problem. I HAVE NO SOUND :'( ... im running
    it
    > on a
    > -AMD Athlon XP 1700
    > -782 megs of DDR ram
    > -radeon 8500LE 128 meg
    > I cant get my sound to work guys/gals any help would be really
    appreciated.

    > P.S
    > the game runs fine on my system just no sound
    >
    > thanks
    > Shawn
    >
    > Hey sorry about that dumb me lol. the sound card i have is a Creative
    (SB)sound blaster life ! value(wdm) is there drivers i need or somthing i
    dont know :(.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Shawn Allen wrote:
    > "Shawn Allen" <shawnallen@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >> Today i went out and bought half life 2 with counter strile source.
    >
    > love
    >
    >>the game its awesome. but one problem. I HAVE NO SOUND :'( ... im running
    >
    > it
    >
    >>on a
    >>-AMD Athlon XP 1700
    >>-782 megs of DDR ram
    >>-radeon 8500LE 128 meg
    >>I cant get my sound to work guys/gals any help would be really
    >
    > appreciated.
    >
    >>P.S
    >> the game runs fine on my system just no sound
    >>
    >>thanks
    >> Shawn
    >>
    >> Hey sorry about that dumb me lol. the sound card i have is a Creative
    >
    > (SB)sound blaster life ! value(wdm) is there drivers i need or somthing i
    > dont know :(.

    Does the sound work in other programs except for the game?

    Are you sure you haven't got mute on and that you actually have speakers
    plugged in properly and that the volume is up?

    I know this sounds dumb, but you should try anything.

    Perhaps the in game options are set wrong, check those and do speaker
    tests within the game.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --