Swapping Boot Drive Letters

I just purchased a new, second hard drive for my system
running Win XP. Currently, XP runs from my C: drive and I
would like to move to my new drive. If I copy the entire
contents of my C: drive to my new D: drive via Ghost or
other software, would I then be able to swap the boot
drive letters using the instructions in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q223188 ?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

You should be able to copy the drive then reboot without the old drive
connected and it will set the new drive as C:. Once done you can then
rehook up the old drive and it will be set up as D: or what ever is next.