terry

I was able to use 2 monitors with ME, I installed xp pro
and it doesn't work. When it boots up the second monitor
shows the desktop display for a short time and then goes
blank. This is frustrating because I have tried all the
fixes I could find with no luck. In the display in
control panel it only shows 1 monitor
Please help
Terry

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Do you have the latest display drivers for your card?
Does the Device manager show both displays?

I use 2 video cards/monitors and it works fine.

Have you installed all the proper drivers for the second
monitor? Most are plug and play, but some require extra
drivers. ALso, underneath the display where it shows only
one monitor, there ae options for activating and
deactivating monitors. Does WinXP even detect your second
monitor?

Are your video cards capable of multi monitor in an NT based environment.

The assumption that it will work in an NT based environment because it
worked in a Win9x based environment.

The cards listed at the following site represent the oldest generation of
cards that will work as secondary video cards.

List of Supported Display Adapters for Multiple Monitors and Dualview in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397

--