O2 XDA II opinions

June 7, 2004 12:04:37 AM

Hi there,

I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.

However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in wifi
(the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me carrying
the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I don't
really need it).

So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with the
iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
others so am happy to weigh it all up).

Cheers,
Pete

More about : xda opinions

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 12:04:38 AM

I am using the iMate, which is the twin brother of the XDAII. Both are based
in the Himalaya project by HTC (and so are the T-Mobile MDAII and the Qtek
2020). The differences are only in some parts of the software.

I really like the device. It is a very good simple phone (don't think about
very sophisticated phone functionalities), with tri-band 900/1800/1900 and
Bluetooth. Works OK with my Bluetooth headset (phone functions only). The
camera is a 640x480 pixel, it is not high-quality, but it is fine for days
when you forget your camera at home. I took some beautiful pictures in the
Mexican Piramids with it. The Pocket PC is fast, has 128MB memory and 14MB
more in the storage. Battery is giving me around 15-18 hours of continuous
PDA use (I use the display backlight very low), 120 hours of phone standby
or around 3 hours of talk time.

The phone has SD and SDIO. For adding CF you need to buy the backpack, which
costs $125 additional and add a lot of bulk to the device. However, besides
CF it adds a VGA port and an additional battery. Great for demos, but $125
additional is quite a high price.

Overall, I wouldn't change it for any of the devices that exist today.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
>
> However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
> probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
wifi
> (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
carrying
> the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
don't
> really need it).
>
> So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
the
> iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
> others so am happy to weigh it all up).
>
> Cheers,
> Pete

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:15:55 PM

Pete,
I was using the HP4150 with a Sony-Ericsson T610; bluetooth on both. Having
two devices, I'd prefer two, just doesn't provide the integration between a
PDA and phone I wanted. It was a tough choice between the XDAII and
Blackberry. Came down to bluetooth and more applications for the XDA
including voice command. I bought mine about a week ago.

The XDA II was purchased from gsmphonesources and it came in a day or two as
promised. This is probably the best phone I've had, and I've been using
cell phones for at least ten years. The sound is loud and clear for
incoming and outgoing, has a speaker phone and rf performance is much better
then my T610. With MS voice command, using it is very easy, making calls,
checking email, very good integration.

No problems using the PDA; PocketPC doesn't seem to be missing anything nor
is it noticeably slower than my HP4150. I don't listen to music, watch
movies or play games so I can't comment on those features. I have loaded up
some third party software and find I have to soft reset every day or two, no
big deal. If I don't soft reset, MS voice command gets screwy. Once in a
while a freeware app seems to lockup again fixed with a soft reset.

The one feature I do miss is built-in wi-fi. Having said that, I see why
this device is lacking it - battery power. I just make it through an entire
work day with the XDA, wi-fi would probably kill it before I left home.
I've had problems keeping the gprs running with MS Messenger when the device
is in "standby" (device is off but phone/data is on). Also, it seems to
turn on my device when checking email at set intervals. I think these are
fixed in later rom versions.

Last comment, the XDAII, MDAII and i-mate are all the same hardware platform
but using different versions of software by the phone vendors. With the
i-mate, you can get the software revisions much faster than with the branded
version of the phone. The roms can be hacked easily to load on the other
platforms, but I'm not risking it. Battery life is improved with the later
rom versions, I've heard as much as 20% improvement.

I wouldn't go back to just a phone and will be putting up my HP on ebay this
week. Cons: expensive, heavy/large when compared to a phone only and just
passable battery life.

Regards-Michael G.

"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
>
> However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
> probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
wifi
> (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
carrying
> the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
don't
> really need it).
>
> So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
the
> iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
> others so am happy to weigh it all up).
>
> Cheers,
> Pete

June 7, 2004 9:12:11 PM

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 20:04:37 +1000, Pete wrote:

> I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.

You might want to check out my 5 section review here of the Xda II:

http://www.tekguru.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=566

I traded in my 5550 for a Palm T3 I was that impressed with it - NOT!
--
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site
http://www.tekguru.co.uk
June 7, 2004 11:20:23 PM

Thanks Helio.

"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:eNuqjp8SEHA.1508@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I am using the iMate, which is the twin brother of the XDAII. Both are
based
> in the Himalaya project by HTC (and so are the T-Mobile MDAII and the Qtek
> 2020). The differences are only in some parts of the software.
>
> I really like the device. It is a very good simple phone (don't think
about
> very sophisticated phone functionalities), with tri-band 900/1800/1900 and
> Bluetooth. Works OK with my Bluetooth headset (phone functions only). The
> camera is a 640x480 pixel, it is not high-quality, but it is fine for days
> when you forget your camera at home. I took some beautiful pictures in the
> Mexican Piramids with it. The Pocket PC is fast, has 128MB memory and 14MB
> more in the storage. Battery is giving me around 15-18 hours of continuous
> PDA use (I use the display backlight very low), 120 hours of phone standby
> or around 3 hours of talk time.
>
> The phone has SD and SDIO. For adding CF you need to buy the backpack,
which
> costs $125 additional and add a lot of bulk to the device. However,
besides
> CF it adds a VGA port and an additional battery. Great for demos, but $125
> additional is quite a high price.
>
> Overall, I wouldn't change it for any of the devices that exist today.
>
> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>

> "Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> >
> > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
XDA
> > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
> wifi
> > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> carrying
> > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> don't
> > really need it).
> >
> > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
> the
> > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions
of
> > others so am happy to weigh it all up).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pete

Anonymous
June 8, 2004 1:51:31 AM

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:15:55 -0400, Michael Gerbasio wrote:

> This is probably the best phone I've had, and I've been using
> cell phones for at least ten years. The sound is loud and clear for
> incoming and outgoing, has a speaker phone and rf performance is much better
> then my T610.

Seconded heartily.

One of the least important reasons that I bought the XDA II was for the
phone; the many other wonderful features that it's got were a far greater
pull. That said the phone performs like a champ. The T68 I had previously
was instantly relegated to the bottom of the office drawer awaiting
disposal.

Pete, believe me, the XDA II rocks.

- rgds, Chris
--
How come some people who can't remember where they put their keys just a
few minutes ago can remember exactly what somebody said to them years back?

Yes - I bought an MDA II (the same as the XDA II) - it is a really great
thing - excellent PDA, excelent phone, complete integration of all the
informations one has in outlook: Adress (for navigationsystem), phone,
mail - all in one !

It is probably my best buy in the last years.

Chris

Chris Hayes schrieb:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:15:55 -0400, Michael Gerbasio wrote:
>

>>This is probably the best phone I've had, and I've been using
>>cell phones for at least ten years. The sound is loud and clear for
>>incoming and outgoing, has a speaker phone and rf performance is much better
>>then my T610.
>

> Seconded heartily.
>
> One of the least important reasons that I bought the XDA II was for the
> phone; the many other wonderful features that it's got were a far greater
> pull. That said the phone performs like a champ. The T68 I had previously
> was instantly relegated to the bottom of the office drawer awaiting
> disposal.
>
> Pete, believe me, the XDA II rocks.
>
> - rgds, Chris
June 8, 2004 9:31:53 AM

Thanks Michael, an excellent review. I'll be carefully considering your
points.

Cheers,
Pete

"Michael Gerbasio" <mwgerbasio@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> "Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> >
> > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
XDA
> > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
> wifi
> > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> carrying
> > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> don't
> > really need it).
> >
> > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
> the
> > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions

June 8, 2004 11:55:20 PM

Thanks Chris x 2,

Well, I think it's a deal. Time to go shopping!!

Cheers,
Pete

"chris" <xyscheu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Yes - I bought an MDA II (the same as the XDA II) - it is a really great
> thing - excellent PDA, excelent phone, complete integration of all the
> informations one has in outlook: Adress (for navigationsystem), phone,
> mail - all in one !
>
> It is probably my best buy in the last years.
>
> Chris
>
> Chris Hayes schrieb:
> > On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:15:55 -0400, Michael Gerbasio wrote:
> >

> >>This is probably the best phone I've had, and I've been using
> >>cell phones for at least ten years. The sound is loud and clear for
> >>incoming and outgoing, has a speaker phone and rf performance is much
better
> >>then my T610.
> >

> > Seconded heartily.
> >
> > One of the least important reasons that I bought the XDA II was for the
> > phone; the many other wonderful features that it's got were a far
greater
> > pull. That said the phone performs like a champ. The T68 I had
previously
> > was instantly relegated to the bottom of the office drawer awaiting
> > disposal.
> >
> > Pete, believe me, the XDA II rocks.
> >
> > - rgds, Chris

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 1:17:25 AM

Pete,

For what it is worth I think you have made the right decission . . .

I had a iPaq 1360 for about two years and found it great but was somewhat
slow when taking minutes at meetings using Textmaker.

Carrying a PDA and phone around was a real bug.

Was waiting and waiting for HP to bring out a dual PDA/ phone but gave up
and looked at the XDA II.

It fitted just what I wanted, mainly a PDA that ran applications fast and
did not hang thinking about hand recognition etc etc. I'm not a big phone
user, but find the phone is easy to use (have tried third party add ons but
given up on all of them) along with the small amount of e-mail and www I do
on it (cost to much). SMS is a breeze. Having all my contacts with me and
not needing to remember if updated between phone and PDA is a real blessing
(got 2800 contacts and rising). When any one rings I know how it is and can
decide to not answer if I want.

The only real bug is the sporadic hard reset if you take the battery out -
BE WARNED - back up everything to SD before you take battery out. It takes
me about 50min to back up everything.

The only software that I have foud worthwhile for me is:
Textmaker
Fusion Agenda
ListPro
eWallet
Adobe
CoBuild (Dictionary)
Conversion
Risco File Explorer
PhatPad and Calligraper by Phatware
Calc98
Excel
PockeTV
PQView
Magic Button

I'd be lost without it. It is so much better than PDA and separate phone.

I can see if there are hih end phone users that they may find features
really lacking, but as a PDA is out performs HP $ for $.

I bought the CF battery extended as my digital camera is CF and each night
need to catagorise my photos (when away from desktop PC).

I would also not trade a PDA for a laptop. Had a laptop for a week while
away on work and it was the pits (too big, heavy, battery life). That is
when bought the iPaq.

Gordon

"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
>
> However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
> probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
wifi
> (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
carrying
> the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
don't
> really need it).
>
> So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
the
> iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
> others so am happy to weigh it all up).
>
> Cheers,
> Pete

---
June 9, 2004 1:19:17 AM

Thanks Gordon,

We seem to have similar needs (sick of carrying phone and PDA everywhere,
synching the two, etc..).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Pete

"FlashGordon Downunder" <Flash@downunder.com.au> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> "Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> >
> > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
XDA
> > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
> wifi
> > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> carrying
> > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> don't
> > really need it).
> >
> > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
> the
> > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions

June 9, 2004 3:27:38 AM

I am using an MDA II (same as XDA II) since 6 months and I agree word
for word with Gordon - it is great and I coult not do without it.
It is the perfect integration of Phone, PDA and desktop contacts - not
constant updating - input contacts only once.
Nice feature is also the MP3 player - with an 256 MB Card I have about 2
hours music with me - and I can listen while continuing to work on the
XDA. The 128 MB Ram makes it possible to work well while using several
programms at the same time.
I really neede a PDA and this integration of all my contacts - the XDA
II is just perfect for it.
To me a phone is a machine to telephone - the XDA is easy to use (in
fact the telephone is easier to use than on some over phones and the
sound is cristal clear.

chris

Pete schrieb:
> [...]
>>
>>"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
>>>iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
>>>
>>>However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
>>
> XDA
>
>>>probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
>>
>>wifi
>>
>>>(the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
>>
>>carrying
>>
>>>the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
>>
>>don't
>>
>>>really need it).
>>>
>>>So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
>>
>>the
>>
>>>iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions

June 9, 2004 11:54:27 PM

Hi Gordon,

Another quick question. I take it you bought yours in Australia. Are there
any limitations on the mobile network you can use?

Also, I've read that the ROM and some applications are pre-configured to
access the O2 network. Obviously, that network isn't acccessible in
Australia. Are these apps generic and fully configurable for use on Aussie
networks?

> [...]

> "Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> >
> > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
XDA
> > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
> wifi
> > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> carrying
> > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> don't
> > really need it).
> >
> > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
> the
> > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions

June 10, 2004 12:29:27 AM

Pete,

Live in Sydney.

Have not had any problems if service provider and network configuration.
When hard reset, configuration asks what provider I want and there is an
option for Optus, my current provider. When this contract runs out at end
of year I'll be going to Telstra (better service in the country). As fas as
I know there again should not be any problems, but Telstra says that some of
their features will not be avavible on the XDA (they sell the i-Mate and
have a special ROM version). I'm happy with what I got so as long as I have
them still when I port don't really care.

Chris's post reminded me about MP3 player. I just use microsofts media
player, but listen to MP3's a lot less now than when first got XDA due to
the akward headphone connection and the need for the unit to be upside down
when in your pocket. The MP3 function is also great though and had no
problems with the 512MB SD card with MP3's on it.

Regards Gordon

> [...]
> > >
> > > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have
an
> > > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> > >
> > > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
> XDA
> > > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of
built-in
> > wifi
> > > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> > carrying
> > > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> > don't
> > > really need it).
> > >
> > > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick
with
> > the
> > > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions

---
June 11, 2004 2:40:17 AM

I have an XDA I and as a PDA it's great. However the phone has a tendency
to lose the signal and not regain it automatically when back in a good
reception area. I then have to switch the phone off and back on again
manually. This is very urrutating as I assume the phone is on when it's
not. Also irritating for people trying to phone me.
Is this a problem with the XDA II?
Thanks
milesm

--
Remove .nospam from email address to reply
> [...]
> >>Conversion
> >>Risco File Explorer
> >>PhatPad and Calligraper by Phatware
> >>Calc98
> >>Excel
> >>PockeTV
> >>PQView
> >>Magic Button
> >>
> >>I'd be lost without it. It is so much better than PDA and separate
phone.

> >>I can see if there are hih end phone users that they may find features
> >>really lacking, but as a PDA is out performs HP $ for $.
> >>
> >>I bought the CF battery extended as my digital camera is CF and each
night
> >>need to catagorise my photos (when away from desktop PC).
> >>
> >>I would also not trade a PDA for a laptop. Had a laptop for a week
while
> >>away on work and it was the pits (too big, heavy, battery life). That

June 11, 2004 2:40:18 AM

I haven't had that problem with my MDA II. Not sure this will help, but did
you try a ROM upgrade?

Regards-Michael G.

"milesm" <milesm@lineone.nospam.net> wrote in message
> I have an XDA I and as a PDA it's great. However the phone has a tendency
> to lose the signal and not regain it automatically when back in a good
> reception area. I then have to switch the phone off and back on again
> manually. This is very urrutating as I assume the phone is on when it's
> not. Also irritating for people trying to phone me.
> Is this a problem with the XDA II?
> Thanks
> milesm
>
> --
> Remove .nospam from email address to reply
> "chris" <xyscheu@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > I am using an MDA II (same as XDA II) since 6 months and I agree word
> > for word with Gordon - it is great and I coult not do without it.
> > It is the perfect integration of Phone, PDA and desktop contacts - not
> > constant updating - input contacts only once.
> > Nice feature is also the MP3 player - with an 256 MB Card I have about 2
> > hours music with me - and I can listen while continuing to work on the
> > XDA. The 128 MB Ram makes it possible to work well while using several
> > programms at the same time.
> > I really neede a PDA and this integration of all my contacts - the XDA
> > II is just perfect for it.
> > To me a phone is a machine to telephone - the XDA is easy to use (in
> > fact the telephone is easier to use than on some over phones and the
> > sound is cristal clear.
> >
> > chris
> >
> > Pete schrieb:
> > > Thanks Gordon,
> > >
> > > We seem to have similar needs (sick of carrying phone and PDA
> everywhere,
> > > synching the two, etc..).
> > >
> > > Thanks for your thoughts.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Pete
> > >
> > > "FlashGordon Downunder" <Flash@downunder.com.au> wrote in message

> somewhat

> up

> and
> phone
> > >
> > > but

> > > do

> > > and

> > > blessing

> > > can

> out -
> > >
> > > takes

> phone.

> night

> while
That
> is

> an

> > > XDA

> with

> > > of

June 12, 2004 1:50:55 AM

"milesm" <milesm@lineone.nospam.net> of wrote:

>I have an XDA I and as a PDA it's great. However the phone has a tendency
>to lose the signal and not regain it automatically when back in a good
>reception area. I then have to switch the phone off and back on again
>manually. This is very urrutating as I assume the phone is on when it's
>not. Also irritating for people trying to phone me.

Before turning off and on again, try this trick. Select Settings, Phone then
the Network tab. Tap the Set Preferred Network button. This almost always
enables my XDA1 to find the signal again. Strangely the Find Network button
on the same page has no effect!

--
The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on
whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun. - P. G. Wodehouse

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:eNuqjp8SEHA.1508@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I am using the iMate, which is the twin brother of the XDAII. Both are
based
> in the Himalaya project by HTC (and so are the T-Mobile MDAII and the Qtek
> 2020). The differences are only in some parts of the software.
>
> I really like the device. It is a very good simple phone (don't think
about
> very sophisticated phone functionalities), with tri-band 900/1800/1900 and
> Bluetooth. Works OK with my Bluetooth headset (phone functions only). The
> camera is a 640x480 pixel, it is not high-quality, but it is fine for days
> when you forget your camera at home. I took some beautiful pictures in the
> Mexican Piramids with it. The Pocket PC is fast, has 128MB memory and 14MB
> more in the storage. Battery is giving me around 15-18 hours of continuous
> PDA use (I use the display backlight very low), 120 hours of phone standby
> or around 3 hours of talk time.
>
> The phone has SD and SDIO. For adding CF you need to buy the backpack,
which
> costs $125 additional and add a lot of bulk to the device. However,
besides
> CF it adds a VGA port and an additional battery. Great for demos, but $125
> additional is quite a high price.
>
> Overall, I wouldn't change it for any of the devices that exist today.
>
> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>

> "Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> > iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
> >
> > However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the
XDA
> > probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in
> wifi
> > (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me
> carrying
> > the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I
> don't
> > really need it).
> >
> > So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with
> the
> > iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions
of
> > others so am happy to weigh it all up).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pete

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 2:16:05 AM

Hi,

GoodDay. I am using O2 XDAII, I am want to send some data through GSM.
For that I want to know, GSM is situated in Which Port ?.......

So that i can Open the port(COM1 or Com2) and send the some AT commands
into it.

or is there any there way to Open the GSM and send data
Kindly Let me know..

Thanks
regards,
Rajesh. S