ANybody using a BIOS Savior with an AN8?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

Which model of the BIOS Savior (from http://www.ioss.com.tw/eg/) do I get?
tia
20 answers Last reply
More about anybody bios savior
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Nobody wrote:

    | Which model of the BIOS Savior (from http://www.ioss.com.tw/eg/)
    | do I get?
    | tia

    I cannot answer your question directly, but I can tell you how to do it
    yourself.

    Peel back the sticker on the top of your BIOS chip and pick the appropriate
    model from the following list:
    http://www.ioss.com.tw/web/English/RD1BIOSSavior/SelectionSheet.html

    Jef
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    "Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®" <jefn_LurkingRatInDaHood_@sbcglobal.net>
    wrote in news:8W8Se.1669$ZL4.592@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

    > Nobody wrote:
    >|
    >| Which model of the BIOS Savior (from http://www.ioss.com.tw/eg/)
    >| do I get?
    >| tia
    >
    > I cannot answer your question directly, but I can tell you how to do
    > it yourself.
    >
    > Peel back the sticker on the top of your BIOS chip and pick the
    > appropriate model from the following list:
    > http://www.ioss.com.tw/web/English/RD1BIOSSavior/SelectionSheet.html
    >
    > Jef

    Ok, thanks, that will be helpful...I did look over the site, but I missed
    that page.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Nobody wrote:

    | Ok, thanks, that will be helpful...I did look over the site, but I missed
    | that page.

    Yeah .. it's kinda hard to navigate the IOSS site.

    You may want to use a magnifying glass to read the numbers from your BIOS
    chip. The silver label thingy, once removed, reveals what you need to
    match.

    Jef
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:

    > Nobody wrote:
    > |
    > | Ok, thanks, that will be helpful...I did look over the site, but I missed
    > | that page.
    >
    > Yeah .. it's kinda hard to navigate the IOSS site.
    >
    > You may want to use a magnifying glass to read the numbers from your BIOS
    > chip. The silver label thingy, once removed, reveals what you need to
    > match.
    >
    > Jef

    Wont a 'dummy' run with awdflash reveal the eeprom pt# ???

    Qed.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    According to the instructions at the top of that page, it will.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "0_Qed" <nano.bot@shaysnet.com> wrote in message
    > Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    >>
    >> Nobody wrote:
    >> |
    >> | Ok, thanks, that will be helpful...I did look over the site, but I
    >> missed
    >> | that page.
    >>
    >> Yeah .. it's kinda hard to navigate the IOSS site.
    >>
    >> You may want to use a magnifying glass to read the numbers from your BIOS
    >> chip. The silver label thingy, once removed, reveals what you need to
    >> match.
    >>
    >> Jef
    >
    > Wont a 'dummy' run with awdflash reveal the eeprom pt# ???
    >
    > Qed.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Qed wrote:

    | Wont a 'dummy' run with awdflash reveal the eeprom pt# ???
    |
    | Qed.

    Yeah .. good point. I always forget about that trick.

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    > Yeah .. good point. I always forget about that trick.

    Yahhhh ...

    'Tricks' usually forget a 'John' that stiffs them.

    Qed.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:51:15 -0400, 0_Qed <nano.bot@shaysnet.com>
    wrote:

    >Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    >> Yeah .. good point. I always forget about that trick.
    >
    >Yahhhh ...
    >
    >'Tricks' usually forget a 'John' that stiffs them.
    >
    >Qed.

    We defer to your vast experience, Qed.

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    patrickp wrote:
    > >Yahhhh ...
    > >'Tricks' usually forget a 'John' that stiffs them.

    > We defer to your vast experience, Qed.

    Heyyy Patrick ... long time no 'see'.
    'We' all thot you'd been nailed for hosting a 'Loli' site.

    Yahhh ...
    I'm slowly reaching the 'half_vast' mark,
    expecing soon to match or exceed it.

    Any 'day' now , rsn.

    Qed.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:01:47 -0400, 0_Qed <nano.bot@shaysnet.com>
    wrote:

    >patrickp wrote:
    >> >Yahhhh ...
    >> >'Tricks' usually forget a 'John' that stiffs them.
    >
    >> We defer to your vast experience, Qed.
    >
    >Heyyy Patrick ... long time no 'see'.
    >'We' all thot you'd been nailed for hosting a 'Loli' site.
    >
    >Yahhh ...
    >I'm slowly reaching the 'half_vast' mark,
    >expecing soon to match or exceed it.
    >
    >Any 'day' now , rsn.
    >
    >Qed.

    rsn, Qed? Oh, I see - http://www.rsn.org/.

    Any 'day' now, eh?

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    patrickp wrote:
    > >Any 'day' now , rsn.

    > rsn, Qed? Oh, I see - http://www.rsn.org/.

    Oops!
    real soon now.

    > Any 'day' now, eh?

    Yep.
    Adventure lies in the journey as opposed to the destination.

    Qed.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Qed wrote:

    <snip>

    | Yep.
    | Adventure lies in the journey as opposed to the destination.
    |
    | Qed.

    Speaking of "adventure" .. I've finally found Homie® .. he's hiding out in
    New Zealand, shearing the ladies of their coats in these final weeks of
    winter down under.

    http://www.icebreaker.com/

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    > Speaking of "adventure" .. I've finally found Homie® .. he's hiding out in
    > New Zealand, shearing the ladies of their coats in these final weeks of
    > winter down under.
    > http://www.icebreaker.com/

    Great country ... NZ.

    Qed.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Qed wrote:

    | Great country ... NZ.
    |
    | Qed.

    Remember .. when you book passage to New Zealand, ask for two adjoining
    seats for your 400 lb. Sumo Wrestler.

    I'm sure you won't want to leave him behind!

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    > Remember .. when you book passage to New Zealand, ask for two adjoining
    > seats for your 400 lb. Sumo Wrestler.
    >
    > I'm sure you won't want to leave him behind!

    Nah ...
    better, and vastly more suitable replacements at the "other" end.
    <VBG>

    Qed.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Qed wrote:

    | Nah ...
    | better, and vastly more suitable replacements at the "other" end.
    | <VBG>
    |
    | Qed.

    I don't think anyone here wants to hear about the replacements you've made
    to your 'other' end.

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:

    > Qed wrote:
    > |
    > | Nah ...
    > | better, and vastly more suitable replacements at the "other" end.
    > | <VBG>
    > |
    > | Qed.
    >
    > I don't think anyone here wants to hear about the replacements you've made
    > to your 'other' end.

    Whoosh !!

    Seems theres an in_exhaustable supply of 'peeps'
    that aughta take Remedial English ...
    I've had 'mine' ... your turn, Rat.

    Qed.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Qed wrote:

    | Whoosh !!
    |
    | Seems theres an in_exhaustable supply of 'peeps'
    | that aughta take Remedial English ...
    | I've had 'mine' ... your turn, Rat.

    So am I to assume, with the changing of the seasons, you're trading in the
    Sumo Wrestler for a Tight End?

    Do tell!

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:

    > Qed wrote:
    > |
    > | Whoosh !!
    > |
    > | Seems theres an in_exhaustable supply of 'peeps'
    > | that aughta take Remedial English ...
    > | I've had 'mine' ... your turn, Rat.
    > |

    > So am I to assume, with the changing of the seasons, you're trading in the
    > Sumo Wrestler for a Tight End?
    > Do tell!

    :-)
    'Here' 'tis.

    We have examined your English Mastery test scores and found
    them astonishing ...
    we gave you some small credit for your name , and the date,
    a "gift", btw.

    We have an 'opening' in a Remedial English class
    in downtown Bagdad Iraq ... tuition waived, of course.
    You're on your 'own' for 'hotel' & 'restaurant'.

    We do look forward to your answer.

    Qed,
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.mainboards.abit (More info?)

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:36:17 -0400, 0_Qed <nano.bot@shaysnet.com>
    wrote:

    >Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® wrote:
    >>
    >> Qed wrote:
    >> |
    >> | Whoosh !!
    >> |
    >> | Seems theres an in_exhaustable supply of 'peeps'
    >> | that aughta take Remedial English ...
    >> | I've had 'mine' ... your turn, Rat.
    >> |

    >> So am I to assume, with the changing of the seasons, you're trading in the
    >> Sumo Wrestler for a Tight End?
    >> Do tell!
    >
    >:-)
    >'Here' 'tis.
    >
    >We have examined your English Mastery test scores and found
    >them astonishing ...
    >we gave you some small credit for your name , and the date,
    >a "gift", btw.
    >
    >We have an 'opening' in a Remedial English class
    >in downtown Bagdad Iraq ... tuition waived, of course.
    >You're on your 'own' for 'hotel' & 'restaurant'.
    >
    >We do look forward to your answer.
    >
    >Qed,

    So _that's_ where you learned English, Qed!

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

BIOS Motherboards