Hello guys,

I was wondering...
I checked via the flash menu included in the uGuru utility the existence of
new bios updates for my AN8 mobo.
The utility itself told me my flash menu was not the latest version
available and asked me to download the latest version in order to proceed.

So far...so good but while I saw the existence of a newer version of the
flash menu I noticed that the old one was included in the uGuru utility and
that there isn't any newer version yet.

The question is: should I wait for the whole uGuru utility to be released
afresh or just download the newer flash menu utility?
How can I uninstall separately the flash menu from uGuru control center as
to install the newer version?
I guess that just installing the new flash menu over the old one (included
in the Uguru utility) is not a good idea...

Well...it looks tricky...

Stefano

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I would just install Flashmenu separately and use it...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

Due to a rat in da hood,
no longer running servers on Cox...

(even though someone turned me in,
what can I expect for violating the AUP, right?)

"TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I would just install Flashmenu separately and use it...

Oh well, I suppose this could be the best choice...but what about the
already existing Flashmenu?
I do not think installing on an already existing copy can be a good
idea...man, we are talking about bios flashing: one mistake and the chip is
gone...don't you agree?

Stefano

Sounds like you've answered your own question, eh? ;-) Personally, I
prefer to flash the BIOS using AWDFLASH from DOS.

Regards,

Margaret

Margaret Wilson wrote:
> Sounds like you've answered your own question, eh? ;-) Personally, I
> prefer to flash the BIOS using AWDFLASH from DOS.

Oh Ye of little 'faith' ...
wherefore dost thou not trust the good Redmond 'peeps'
in =thier= Win implementation of DPMI ???

Forsooth,
give it a "try",
The Fates mite smile down upon you,
you may luckily avoid the bite of failure.

<VBG>,
Qed.

Oh, I've used FlashMenu before, and fortunately its never munged my BIOS.
But frankly I shake in my boots a little when I use it. I ought to get a
BIOS savior, then it wouldn't matter. Till then, however, it's *mostly*
AWDFLASH for me. :)

Regards,

Margaret

Margaret Wilson wrote:

> Oh, I've used FlashMenu before, and fortunately its never munged my BIOS.
> But frankly I shake in my boots a little when I use it.

Without a means to recover ,
best to use [awdflash] for a variety of reasons.

> I ought to get a BIOS savior, then it wouldn't matter.

To quote from an earlier 'post' :
> >> Sounds like you've answered your own question, eh? ;-)

> Till then, however, it's *mostly* AWDFLASH for me. :)

Yes, please.

Qed.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

they will install separately as far as I can tell... I can't remember the
install as to whether it gives you a say in the install path...