AI7 audio connectors

My case has just mic. and headphone sockets on its front, with
associated connectors.

Can I connect these without disrupting the normal sound on the mobo's
main back panel? The manual implies it's an all-or-nothing, meaning I'd
need a fully functional front panel, S/PDIF and all, with my hifi
connected to the front socket!

--
[~]# sed -e 's/\.no\.junk\.please//g' .signature > .signature+
[~]# rm -f .signature

Neil, on EVERY pc case I've ever had - plugging in headphones automatically
cuts out the speakers. And, it doesn't matter WHICH jack - front or rear.

Exactly as on any radio, CD player, TV. Convention is, if user elects to use
headphones it's because he/she doesn't want to use speakers. It's one or
'tother, not both! (and, it's a pain on a radio alarm clock).

Silvabod.