KV7 won't boot

Just rebuilt my computer and now it won't boot up. When I push the start
button the fans (CPU,SYS, Chip fans) run for about 2 seconds then turn off.
I then reset cmos and tried it again same thing. The system componets are:
Floppy drive
20 gig hard drive
cd dirve
300 watt power supply
AMD Athlon xp3000+ CPU Barton Core333FSB (new)
ABIT KV7 Socket A MOBO (new)
512MB PC3200 DDR 400Mhz (new)
Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 graphics card (new)

Any help would be greatly apperciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about boot

    waymaster wrote:

    > Just rebuilt my computer and now it won't boot up.

    Mite be "nice" if 'we' had a notion of just what you did. :-)

    Mite also be nice if 'we' had an idea of what was detected at boot ...
    HDs ??? Flpy ??? et al ???

    My aluminum helmut wont quite 'reach' that far ... swag_wize.

    ....snippe'...

    Qed.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:06:55 -0400, waymaster wrote:

    > Just rebuilt my computer and now it won't boot up. When I push the start
    > button the fans (CPU,SYS, Chip fans) run for about 2 seconds then turn off.
    > Any help would be greatly apperciated.

    CPU fan plugged into wrong header. Weak PSU. bad HD/floppy/video card/etc.
    Take it to bare minimum components connected and try again. That means out
    of case, PSU, MB, CPU, ram, and video card. No mouse, no keyboard. If it
    boots then put it back in case and boot every time before connecting
    something else.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Thanks for the reply Wes. It was the PSU.
    Again thanks for the help.
    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:06:55 -0400, waymaster wrote:
    >
    >> Just rebuilt my computer and now it won't boot up. When I push the start
    >> button the fans (CPU,SYS, Chip fans) run for about 2 seconds then turn
    >> off.
    >> Any help would be greatly apperciated.
    >
    > CPU fan plugged into wrong header. Weak PSU. bad HD/floppy/video card/etc.
    > Take it to bare minimum components connected and try again. That means out
    > of case, PSU, MB, CPU, ram, and video card. No mouse, no keyboard. If it
    > boots then put it back in case and boot every time before connecting
    > something else.
    >
    > --
    > KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
    > Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 18:06:55 -0400, "waymaster"
    <waymaster@peoplepc.com> wrote:

    >Just rebuilt my computer and now it won't boot up. When I push the start
    >button the fans (CPU,SYS, Chip fans) run for about 2 seconds then turn off.
    >I then reset cmos and tried it again same thing. The system componets are:
    >Floppy drive
    >20 gig hard drive
    >cd dirve
    >300 watt power supply
    >AMD Athlon xp3000+ CPU Barton Core333FSB (new)
    >ABIT KV7 Socket A MOBO (new)
    >512MB PC3200 DDR 400Mhz (new)
    >Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 graphics card (new)
    >
    >Any help would be greatly apperciated.

    Power supply
    MB shorted to case
    IDE cable backwards on one end.
    You didn't hook up all the power connectors on the motherboard.

    Stephen

Boot Motherboards