Multimedia Sound Drivers

I recently built my own PC, but when I upgraded to a 4.1
speaker system, the sound became distorted and poppy when
I watch DVDs and listen to certain types of sound files.
The device manager lists my multimedia device
as "conflicted", but it cannot find the correct drivers to
install. Does Windows XP have any way to correct this
problem or help me find the proper drivers?

peter

Hi,

Who can help you without knowing what brand and model of your sound card?

Peter

----- p4w4rr10r wrote: -----

I recently built my own PC, but when I upgraded to a 4.1
speaker system, the sound became distorted and poppy when
I watch DVDs and listen to certain types of sound files.
The device manager lists my multimedia device
as "conflicted", but it cannot find the correct drivers to
install. Does Windows XP have any way to correct this
problem or help me find the proper drivers?

dl

You go to yr sound card manu site and download drivers.