AV-8 3rd Eye sometimes hangs on startup

It mostly seems to be when coming back from a hibernate, but since it's
occasional it could just be my imagination.

The sytem hangs with the "Abit Engineered logo" on the screen and the POST
code 75 which seems to be when initialising the IDE. Can anyone offer any
advice for fixing or troubleshooting?

Thanks!

---------------------

ABit AV-8 3rd Eye
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (90nm)
1GB Crucial DDR400 (2x512MB)
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO AGP

Seagate Barracuda 150GB ST3160023A
NEC DVD/RW ND-3500AG

BIOS ID V2.4 (07/28/2005)
VIA HyperionPro V5.00A.0

XP PRO SP2

Just guessing here,
check your power management settings in BIOS

It's not an Antec PSU is it?
this board has some very definite problems with the 5V standby power on
early Antecs(pre Oct 03 i think).My 430W Antec True would't work.Using Ritmo
400W ATM.
Other brands of PSU may have similar issues
Check http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
--

SteveH
Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2400(9x267),1.55V CPU

"John Carlyle-Clarke" <jpcc@nospam.please.bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> It mostly seems to be when coming back from a hibernate, but since it's
> occasional it could just be my imagination.

I was having boot problems with this board also. I had to replace my Antec
Truepower 480 replaced foc by Antec.

"straiton" <straiton@F.OFF.SPAM.com.au> wrote in message
> Just guessing here,
> check your power management settings in BIOS
>
> It's not an Antec PSU is it?
> this board has some very definite problems with the 5V standby power on
> early Antecs(pre Oct 03 i think).My 430W Antec True would't work.Using
> Ritmo 400W ATM.
> Other brands of PSU may have similar issues
> Check http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
> --
>
> SteveH
> Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2400(9x267),1.55V CPU
> DIY watercool
> Radeon Sapphire 9700
>

> "John Carlyle-Clarke" <jpcc@nospam.please.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It mostly seems to be when coming back from a hibernate, but since it's
>> occasional it could just be my imagination.

"straiton" <straiton@F.OFF.SPAM.com.au> wrote in

> "John Carlyle-Clarke" <jpcc@nospam.please.bigfoot.com> wrote in
> message news:eek:p.swrahgn61m8do2@slurm...
>>
>> It mostly seems to be when coming back from a hibernate, but
>> since it's occasional it could just be my imagination.

> Just guessing here,
> check your power management settings in BIOS
>
> It's not an Antec PSU is it?
> this board has some very definite problems with the 5V standby
> power on early Antecs(pre Oct 03 i think).My 430W Antec True
> would't work.Using Ritmo 400W ATM.

It's a Jeantech 450W power supply, which I think is a good quality
unit. I don't believe that it's a rebadged Antec.

> Other brands of PSU may have similar issues
> Check http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Hey thanks for the link :) I was clicking around the damn Abit sites
trying to find some forums but with no luck. Lots of good info there.