Windows xp is not reading my floppy drive.

I have a new computer and can not get it to open floppy disks. I can read the disk -brand new- on a windows 95 and 98 machine. I have not been able to get it to open on my windows xp -home edition- computer. At this point I can see why people buy macs.

I have replaced the connector cable 3 times, the power cord and source once and have swapped the drive for a second one and no luck. Any one able to help get xp to work properly?

I am having the same problem..would be interseted to know
how to fix

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

If it's a new computer take your problem to the business that sold it to
you. Or did you make it yourself ?

"Bailey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer and can not get it to open floppy disks. I can read
>the disk -brand new- on a windows 95 and 98 machine. I have not been able
>to get it to open on my windows xp -home edition- computer. At this point I
>can see why people buy macs.
>
> I have replaced the connector cable 3 times, the power cord and source
> once and have swapped the drive for a second one and no luck. Any one able
> to help get xp to work properly?

I may have to take it back, the machine did not come with a floppy drive originally I had to add it later becuase windows xp is not that great of a product. When trying to net work the computers I have and using the options of the windows xp net work wizard to make a net work disk windows xp fails to reconize a cd burner as a viable drive. Keeps asking for a floppy drive and now the program won't even read the floppy drive. Also seems to be a rather common failing on microsofts part so hopefully they can answer this and fix their program.