Can't see slave drive in My Computer.

I have checked and double-checked the connections. The slave drive is connected fine, it turns on, and the motherboard detects it on the start-up. I've tried the slave drive in cable-select and in the slave position.

When I go to my computer it doesn't show up on the hard drives list. What do I do??
2 answers Last reply
More about slave drive computer

    Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
    on Disk Management. The drive should now show up on the right hand side of
    the screen. Partition it and format it (if required) and assign it a drive
    letter.
    www.coribright.com

    "Dwyer" <djair17@msn.com> wrote in message
    > I have checked and double-checked the connections. The slave drive is
    connected fine, it turns on, and the motherboard detects it on the start-up.
    I've tried the slave drive in cable-select and in the slave position.

    > When I go to my computer it doesn't show up on the hard drives list. What
    do I do??

    I have a similar problem. I can see the slaved drive in
    Explorer but cannot access it witout crashing out of
    Explorer.
    If I partition it or format it, I will lose all data,
    correct? Is there another solution?

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Dwyer" <djair17@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> I have checked and double-checked the connections. The
    slave drive is
    >connected fine, it turns on, and the motherboard detects
    it on the start-up.
    >I've tried the slave drive in cable-select and in the
    slave position.

    >> When I go to my computer it doesn't show up on the hard
    drives list. What
    >do I do??
    >

    >.

Slave Drive Computers Windows XP