Optical Character Recognition with HP PSC 500

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
April 8, 2004 5:22:10 AM

Some two years ago, I purchased an HP PSC 500 all-in-one to run with my
laptop running windows 98. The printer came with a CD RoM with installation
software, which included an OCR package from ReadIris to allow scanned text
to be converted into a Word document. It worked very well

I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows XP. The XP instructions
say to download new drivers for the PSC 500, but the OCR software does not
work. A check with HP said that it was no longer supported.

Does anyone know of a workaround so that I can use OCR with XP? I still
have the PSC 500 installation disc

Thanks

David
!