Adam

Hey, I recently purchased Windows XP Pro. I reformatted my entire computer, and reintalled everything. Now when I am playing music, or recording, most noticeably in Winodws Media Player, there are extremley loud buzzes every once in a while. I am clueless as to what is causing this- I have never had this problem before. It happens even when I am running the media player and only the media player. During the re-install, I changed some components. I went from 352mb pc-133 to 256mb pc-2700, and upgraded my old AMD 950 to an Athlon XP 2600, converting to an Albatron Motherboard.

Here is my computer setup-

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
256 MB pc-2700 ram
ATI Radeon 9700
Western Digital 20 GB Hard drive
Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Other stuff-
Albatron Motherboard
Windows XP Pro
Logitech THX 5.1 speakers

If you have any idea what may be causing this awful noise, please contact me. Thanks

Try the latest Soundblaster drivers fromwww.creative.com. Ensure you put
the Soundblaster card in the slot FURTHEST away from the AGP port...they're
known not to like being on close proximity. And remember to disable any
onboard audio in the BIOS.
www.coribright.com

"Adam" <adam242424@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey, I recently purchased Windows XP Pro. I reformatted my entire
computer, and reintalled everything. Now when I am playing music, or
recording, most noticeably in Winodws Media Player, there are extremley loud
buzzes every once in a while. I am clueless as to what is causing this- I
have never had this problem before. It happens even when I am running the
media player and only the media player. During the re-install, I changed
some components. I went from 352mb pc-133 to 256mb pc-2700, and upgraded my
old AMD 950 to an Athlon XP 2600, converting to an Albatron Motherboard.

> Here is my computer setup-
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2600+
> 256 MB pc-2700 ram
> ATI Radeon 9700
> Western Digital 20 GB Hard drive
> Soundblaster Live! 5.1
>
> Other stuff-
> Albatron Motherboard
> Windows XP Pro
> Logitech THX 5.1 speakers
>
> If you have any idea what may be causing this awful noise, please contact
me. Thanks

Adam

My soundcard is second to farthest away... would that make a difference? Also, I didnt install the multimedia driver for the motherboard, as I thought it might confilct with the Creative card. Could that be part of the problem?