My/Spacebar/has/stopped/working...

I/just/need/a/workaround-re-
assign/another/key/so/I/can/use/any/key/as/space....
PLEASE/help!!!
4 answers Last reply
More about spacebar stopped working

    "Jason" <dakkhath@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I/just/need/a/workaround-re-
    > assign/another/key/so/I/can/use/any/key/as/space....
    > PLEASE/help!!!

    Seeing that keyboards cost less than $25.00, a new
    keyboard might be the easiest answer. However, if you
    think you have a key you can spare then you can try
    this tool:

    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx

    Until you get it going, you can do this to insert a space:
    - Turn on NumLock.
    - Park a finger on the Alt key.
    - Type 032 on the numeric key pad.
    - Let go of the Alt key

    You could also copy a space into your clipboard, then
    press Ctrl+C each time you want to paste one into
    your text.

    Lots of possibilities . . .

    you can purchase a no-name PS2 keyboard for less then $10.00

    PLEASE HELP ... I have a sort of similar problem NON-HARDWARE
    related...

    For some weird reason my WINXP, blocks the keyboard at the very moment
    that I try to use the spacebar.

    All other keys work ok... but when the spacebar is pressed I need to go
    to control panel and change (let's say) the key repeat rate.. and the
    keyboard works again... of course just until the spacebar is pressed
    again...

    I've checked MS TECHNET, KB, Internet and can't find any help...

    I think this happens after I installed MS VISIO but not sure...

    Hope you can help me.

    gmartinez@soportex.net

    --
    gmartinez

    "gmartinez" <gmartinez.15g9l4@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

    > PLEASE HELP ... I have a sort of similar problem NON-HARDWARE
    > related...
    >
    > For some weird reason my WINXP, blocks the keyboard at the very moment
    > that I try to use the spacebar.
    >
    > All other keys work ok... but when the spacebar is pressed I need to go
    > to control panel and change (let's say) the key repeat rate.. and the
    > keyboard works again... of course just until the spacebar is pressed
    > again...
    >
    > I've checked MS TECHNET, KB, Internet and can't find any help...
    >
    > I think this happens after I installed MS VISIO but not sure...
    >
    > Hope you can help me.
    >
    > gmartinez@soportex.net
    >

    > --
    > gmartinez

    Have you tried the remedies recommended in the other
    notes in this thread? Which ones?

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP