cryptographic services

I can't use windows update or upgrade my internet
explorer because I keep getting a message that
says "check to see if crytographic services are running".
When I check it shows that it is running. Also I get a
message when I try to use "windows update", that
says "the software I'm trying to install is not licensed
by Microsoft" and I'm using windows update to install
them.

Help!

Start here:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updatinf.htm