Need help on CD Drive

April 18, 2004 9:08:53 AM

My XP isn't reading or playing nor loading. It is not
even being recongized when i try to pull it up under the
CD Drive.

More about : drive

April 18, 2004 2:08:57 PM

Listen UP Microsoft!!!!
Same problems. CD Burners messed UP. Wont burn. Sometimes dissapear. Burners
MESSED UP!!!
So I reformated C:\ drive. Reinstalled a fresh WinXP pro. Put only a few
programs on (Norton internet security 2003 and updated it and clickN' burn
2.0 with update). Both burners wrote perfectly. Installed SP1 and both
burners wrote perfectly. Did 20 megs of windows critical updates and the
burners won't burn. Rebooted again. Now burners are gone.

This is getting real tiresome reading a lot of burner and cdrom problems on
this forum with NO FIX. It's a deffinate MS problem from critical updates.
There WAS no reason for me to reformat my computer. This was your fault. I
wouldn't be so mad, but I have been working on this problem for several
days. And reading the generic responses here are getting nowhere. You can
scroll down on this forum and see way too many cdrom problems. All the same.
And all getting no real help.

MS, please fix something in your critical updates.

My system: AMD 2500+, WD 80 gig HD (4 gig used), liteon 52x32x52 burner
master, maddog 52x24x52 burner slave, Adrive, Biostar M7NCD motherboard,
256meg of ram, Winxp pro with SP1 and all critical updates.

My system is only six months old. Everything was running fine until
recently.

"Matthew Melton" <TRUSTcompany88@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My XP isn't reading or playing nor loading. It is not
> even being recongized when i try to pull it up under the
> CD Drive.
April 19, 2004 1:04:27 PM

"ralf" <ralf@net.net> wrote in message
> Listen UP Microsoft!!!!
> Same problems. CD Burners messed UP. Wont burn. Sometimes dissapear.
Burners
> MESSED UP!!!
> So I reformated C:\ drive. Reinstalled a fresh WinXP pro. Put only a few
> programs on (Norton internet security 2003 and updated it and clickN' burn
> 2.0 with update). Both burners wrote perfectly. Installed SP1 and both
> burners wrote perfectly. Did 20 megs of windows critical updates and the
> burners won't burn. Rebooted again. Now burners are gone.
>
> This is getting real tiresome reading a lot of burner and cdrom problems
on
> this forum with NO FIX. It's a deffinate MS problem from critical updates.
> There WAS no reason for me to reformat my computer. This was your fault. I
> wouldn't be so mad, but I have been working on this problem for several
> days. And reading the generic responses here are getting nowhere. You can
> scroll down on this forum and see way too many cdrom problems. All the
same.
> And all getting no real help.
>
> MS, please fix something in your critical updates.
>
> My system: AMD 2500+, WD 80 gig HD (4 gig used), liteon 52x32x52 burner
> master, maddog 52x24x52 burner slave, Adrive, Biostar M7NCD motherboard,
> 256meg of ram, Winxp pro with SP1 and all critical updates.
>
> My system is only six months old. Everything was running fine until
> recently.
>

> "Matthew Melton" <TRUSTcompany88@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My XP isn't reading or playing nor loading. It is not
> > even being recongized when i try to pull it up under the
> > CD Drive.

I have similar problems. All ok until a recent series of 'critical' updates
was applied. Now I cannot see either of my CD/DVD roms through XP
interface, but all work OK with Nero.
On my other partition that has not had critical updates applied as I do not
use it for the internet, just for offline games, all is perfectly OK.
What has MS done?
Dave.
!