AK79D-1394 Multi above 12.5

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 1:25:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I have this motherboard with a Barton XP-M 2500+. My DDR is rated at
333mhz max. Now my setup is running at 166 * 12.5 (2083MHZ) @ 1.45V
rock stable with a temp of 38C at full load wich is good. But the
bios don't allow me to choose higher multi than that. I know that you
can Bridge Mod CPU to get higher multi but I wonder if there's other
way to do that, I don't want to mess with modding....

Wizza

More about : ak79d 1394 multi

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2004 10:44:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Yeah but I heard that if you run memory asynchrone from FSB the memory
performance is less than running synch so I'm not sure that this is a
good idea...

What I'll do is buy another DDR400 DIMM (Right Now I'm running 1*512
PC2700 and 1*512 PC3200) to get the bus at 200MHZ on mem and on FSB to
get higher speed.
!