Require list of IDE controller chipsets

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

> Since Maxtor doesn't make ATA controller chipsets it's going
> to be one of the popular soft-raid controllers, probably
> Promise Ultra100 in disguise... and yes, will work with any
> drive.

I am interested in IDE controller chipsets because I need to keep
an eye on the model of the controllers for when I change the mobo.

Seems that WinXP gets installed with a driver for only one
particular IDE controller.

Where can I get a list of controller chipsets used over the last
three years or so?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Google for it!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
?
> Google for it!
>
> --
> Regards:
> Richard Urban
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Yeah, right.

Before you posted did you find as little on Google as had found?

> "Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message
>> kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Since Maxtor doesn't make ATA controller chipsets it's going
>>> to be one of the popular soft-raid controllers, probably
>>> Promise Ultra100 in disguise... and yes, will work with any
>>> drive.
>>

>> I am interested in IDE controller chipsets because I need to
>> keep an eye on the model of the controllers for when I change
>> the mobo.
>>
>> Seems that WinXP gets installed with a driver for only one
>> particular IDE controller.
>>
>> Where can I get a list of controller chipsets used over the
>> last three years or so?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

I found this! Results 1 - 10 of about 274 for "IDE controller chips".
Start reading.

--

> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ?
>> Google for it!
>>
>> --
>> Regards:
>> Richard Urban
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> Before you posted did you find as little on Google as had found?
>

>> "Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message

>>> I am interested in IDE controller chipsets because I need to
>>> keep an eye on the model of the controllers for when I change
>>> the mobo.
>>>
>>> Seems that WinXP gets installed with a driver for only one
>>> particular IDE controller.
>>>
>>> Where can I get a list of controller chipsets used over the
>>> last three years or so?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I found this! Results 1 - 10 of about 274 for "IDE
> controller chips". Start reading.

I don't mean "noise".

I mean did you find anything which pointed to a list of IDE
controller chips?