Unable to see cdrom drive.

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 18, 2004 9:46:02 AM

I cant see my cd rom drive in my computer. I have checked all cables and power. Device manager reads cannot start device because information in the registry is incomplete or damaged (code 19). I have attemted to uninstall and reinstall drivers but still get the same problem. I also attempted to use system restore but it is unable to to restore to any point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : unable cdrom drive

April 18, 2004 11:31:03 AM

Hi,

Jason tsang MVP wrote:

Goto http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website in addition to removing some drivers that may have been used by
older versions of Easy CD Creator that are known to cause problems with
WinXP.

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060

As for the restore failed; the restored files may be corrupted.
Right click My Computer/Properties/System Restores, check the box "Turn off System Restore on all drives", click Apply and OK then reboot.
After reboot, use to restore feature to create a new restore point to check and ensure it is working.

Peter

!